Scotts Hill at TCA(Round 1)

Intense

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm rootin for y'all trader. You have a great bunch of boys. Talked to #4 last nite and told him I read th article about him and I was very proud of him

Genuinely...Thank you. That's a fine young man who probably needed to hear that from someone that he doesn't know. Good luck to you guys too, future is bright in Wavo with all that young talent on the field...that was a big game, and your young guys played like seniors.

They have thrown for 2000 yards and yall have trouble covering recievers

Statistically, this should be a good game.  SH averages 391 yds per game and TCA averages 349 per game.  While SH has passed for around 2000 yards (still waiting on Waverly stats to be added in) I will remind folks that TCA has rushed for over 2300 yards with Goldsmith accounting for 1575 of those yards.  No one team has been able to slow him down all season. The only times he has not rushed for over 200 per game were as a result of injury or illness in two games and being held back vs. GC last  Friday.  And just cause we don't pass much does not mean that we can't pass it.  Goldsmith has an arm, and touch throwing the ball that has not really been seen yet this season.  Throw in the fact that we have an all state type WR and you have to respect the pass. 

No doubt the SH passing attack will present a challenge to the TCA defense.  However, I think the athletic ability of the TCA front 4 will present  special challenges to the SH offense.  Our DB play is much improved over earlier in the season.  

It will be a great environment for high school football on Friday night and there is also the strong possibility that this game will be a preview of the first round of the playoffs.  No doubt that this will be Scotts Hill's strongest challenge this season.  Only thing for sure is that the Lions will win the game.  We just don't know which teams Lions yet.

I completely understand why folks would pick SH. We are 3-5 and they are 5-3 and they have a high flying offense. Very similar offense to TCA the last 3 years just not quite as skilled as TCA those 3 years. Don't get me wrong, they are very, very skilled. I've watched 3 games, including the Waverly game, and am very impressed with SH's short passing game. If our Safeties and LB's are not paying attention we will get throttled. I feel like our CB's will handle their outside receivers pretty well. It's up the middle and passes to the RB that concern me. TCA will score on their defense. I don't think they have seen a back like Goldsmith and the other skilled players we will bring to the table. I think the team that has 3 stops will win the game assuming turnovers are minimal. If one team has excessive turnovers they will lose. Both teams are too good to turn the ball over and still beat them. I think the major key to the game will be the pressure #4 and #28(formerly 58) bring against SH. If they don't then SH's QB will slice us up and make some big runs. #5 vs #5 will be a great matchup. Both are fast and play receiver as well as return punts and kicks. I think they both play DB as well.

I anticipate a very close game. Team who has ball last may be the winner. Good luck to the SH Lions and Trader! Safe travels to Jackson.

Edited by TCAIntense