Scotts Hill at TCA(Round 1)

Intense

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

69-34 TCa. Goldsmith has 425 yards. Even though we are 35 up I still believe Scott's Hill is good enough to beat us at their place if we don't play ball. Their offense is really good and #4 is a stud for SH. Waverly better be glad #4 didn't play. He's worth 14 more points easily!

If its and buts were candy & nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas. #4 would have helped SH vs Waverly no doubt and so would Waverly not having stupid holding penalties called against them. Waverly had 3 TDs called back. SH didnt turn the ball over 6x against Waverly, Waverly took the ball away. I hate it for Scotts Hill. Congrats to TCA.

If its and buts were candy & nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas. #4 would have helped SH vs Waverly no doubt and so would Waverly not having stupid holding penalties called against them. Waverly had 3 TDs called back. SH didnt turn the ball over 6x against Waverly, Waverly took the ball away. I hate it for Scotts Hill. Congrats to TCA.

Wow! I was complimenting a SH player. I wasn't criticizing Waverly at all. If #4 hadn't played tonight for SH it would have been much worse. He's a heck of a player and any team they play is going to pay when he catches the ball.

First of all, Scott's Hill never gave up and played to the end. They are very, very dangerous and moved the ball at will on various drives. TCA did get 3 or 4 key stops. If TCA beats JC and ends up playing SH in round one we CANNOT overlook SH. They have best passing attack we have seen all year. I spoke with quite a few of their fans afterwards and they are all class acts! Got to meet TRADER! Super, super class act! Really enjoyed talking to him. He knows his stuff! Look forward to visiting with him again if we see each other in Round 1.

Goldsmith had 5 rushing TD's, one INT TD, 2 passing TD's and 426 yards rushing. He accounted for over 580 yards. One of the best high school football performances I've seen! Definitely should be in the Mr Football conversation! Proud of our defense. They gave up 28 points to a great SH offense. We gave up a KO return TD again. I thought we had fixed that issue. Can't do that in the playoffs. We did run a KO back for TD as well.

This team is on a mission and will be a tough out in the playoffs. Good luck to SH the rest of the way.

Edited by TCAIntense

Great meeting Intense and BigEdMo (sp?) , classy guys and great fans... maybe Reitz at our place, I arrived late and didn't want to disturb the broadcast.

Goldsmith is a beast!!! Some big schools will be very sorry if they don't offer...we couldn't bring him down even when we caught him, and he can sling the pigskin...Mr. Football if my vote counted!

The officials did a pretty good job, save for two plays back to back...two completions to SH receivers, and very late whistles to stop the action...on our sideline three Trinity players holding up a player a while attempting to strip the ball for several seconds, and what appeared to be the same on their sideline when #5 was injured (all that I could see was a scrum)...really hope that he's ok.

We lost #9 early 1'st quarter to a possible concussion, but wouldn't have mattered tonight at all, and won't matter next game if we can't figure a way to contain #1. If the Trinity team that took the field tonight in their present form had been there all season, their record would different...better watch out for them in November.

I have been covering TCA football since 2009.  Before that I was the radio PBP announcer for Jackson Christian and called their 2006 state championship.  Before that, I covered high school games on a television station in Indiana for several years.  

I have covered the likes of Kyle Akin, Jabriel Washington, Marco Dailey, and many others including several who ended up in the NFL.  

Tonight's performance by Andrew Goldsmith was one for the record books.  Unofficially, Goldsmith had 427 rushing yards.  That would tie him for 8th place on the all time TSSAA single game rushing charts.  His 6 touchdowns in this one game would tie him for 10th place all time in that category.

Goldsmith also threw two touchdown passes and totaled about 90 yards in the air.  He also intercepted a pass and returned it 42 yards for the score.  

Andrew Goldsmith dominated the game tonight like I have never seen it dominated before by a high school athlete.  

I am honored to have helped call this historic effort on the radio tonight.

very unsportsman like hit by a SH player injures a tca athlete who appears out for the game as a result

ReitzFan I was at the Game and didn't see any unsportsman like hits in the game, I went back and watched the game on Hudl as well and Actually confirmed what I witnessed. Two very good teams play a very aggresive game. I do believe you where relating to #4 on a block against #5. As I stated I didn't see the a unsportsman like hit andwent back and watched game film. That play actually had #4 on a block on #5 and TCA #5 actually hit  SH #4 in the head and #4 continued to block and they got tangled up.It was a football play. I do hate that TCA's #5 got hurt. And hope he's okay, but stating it was an unsportsman like play kinda of shined a different perspective. I assure you the Lions Coaches do not tolerate or teach unsportsman like play....I tip my hat to TCA...They played a very good game...I thought they done a really good staying on their blocks and #1 is a BEAST that reads the field very well...Someone ask me if #1 ran of tackle and I said He Runs a read option type offense by reading the blocks. He is special and I wish the kid the very best... ..I am sure the Coaches are trying to figure out a game plan to slow #1 down enough to give SH a chance to win....I think SH can score on TCA's defense , just got to figure out how to manage..I assure you that's not going to be an easy task..I am very concerned that SH can find an answer.. If SH can figure out a way to slow him down some and protect the ball on Offense they may have a chance but it's a slim chance...Good luck to both teams and First and Foremost I hope they all stay healthy!!! 

Edited by shlionsbaseball5

ReitzFan I was at the Game and didn't see any unsportsman like hits in the game, I went back and watched the game on Hudl as well and Actually confirmed what I witnessed. Two very good teams play a very aggresive game. I do believe you where relating to #4 on a block against #5. As I stated I didn't see the a unsportsman like hit andwent back and watched game film. That play actually had #4 on a block on #5 and TCA #5 actually hit SH #4 in the head and #4 continued to block and they got tangled up.It was a football play. I do hate that TCA's #5 got hurt. And hope he's okay, but stating it was an unsportsman like play kinda of shined a different perspective. I assure you the Lions Coaches do not tolerate or teach unsportsman like play....I tip my hat to TCA...They played a very good game...I thought they done a really good staying on their blocks and #1 is a BEAST that reads the field very well...Someone ask me if #1 ran of tackle and I said He Runs a read option type offense by reading the blocks. He is special and I wish the kid the very best... ..I am sure the Coaches are trying to figure out a game plan to slow #1 down enough to give SH a chance to win....I think SH can score on TCA's defense , just got to figure out how to manage..I assure you that's not going to be an easy task..I am very concerned that SH can find an answer.. If SH can figure out a way to slow him down some and protect the ball on Offense they may have a chance but it's a slim chance...Good luck to both teams and First and Foremost I hope they all stay healthy!!!

I've watched the replay over and over and over and I agree it was just a football play and no unsportsmanlike activities involved. If you watch closely #4 stood number #5 up on the block( he was getting the best of #5). When #5 tried to fight off the block he was standing straight up and #4 was lower which caused 5 to catch his helmet as he was trying to fight off the block. I watched this over and over because if #5 intentionally hit him he would be in deep trouble. I think it was a close call and I also agree that officials made the correct "no call" on either player. It's football. Boys get tangled up. I'm really glad they didn't penalize #4 due to his unfortunate incident against Riverside. 4 is a beast and SH's best receiver in my opinion. Next game will not be easy for TCA. SH could easily win the game.