Tellico hosts GCA

Raven52

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barney while I understand what you're saying I doubt many folks will feel sorry for you "having" to be a Maryville fan :roflolk:  

Crow it does feel great to win but believe it or not we had more fun climbing the ladder than getting on top for as long as we have. This is a picture from my seat twenty rows high against Kingsport D-B and look at all the empty seats in the season ticket section and the biggest and best band in the state is on the field ( DB ). A lot of our crowd buy up the season tickets and show up for the best game and the heck with the rest because they don't want to see a blowout. Your right I would hate to fall backward and eventually the end will come but for right now our fans have taken this for granted and don't show up like most people would think. Yes we do have a great group of real fans that show up no matter what but another group of our fans are like I can't get a thrill out of something I already know will happen so they don't show up. That is why I'm telling all of you that you have something great and climbing the ladder is a lot more fun and I do miss those days.263djrd.jpg

Edited by BarneySox2007

as a Bear fan I know this is a big task for us GCA is always good, well disciplined, and well coached. I am not a GCA hater at all, good program with great players and coaches. The Bears will have to be on their A game and GCA would have to help us out by not being focused,turning the ball over, or something like that. But I will say this, the difference in this years team is they will compete until the whistle blows and they will hit you. This is something that has been lacking for a while now. Even couple years ago when we went to the playoffs we had a handful of boys that would compete, now we have most of our boys competing. That is what it takes we must compete....We must hit folks....Not a lot of talking about TPHS football going on this year but I am very proud of our boys and we have a Head Coach that loves this game, these kids, and I believe our town. We have been in every game but 2 and but for a play or 2 we are sitting here 6-2 instead of 4-4. We still need to figure out how to beat teams in our county...We did well early against SQHS but got down and gave up but that was the first game of the year and since we have not quit even when we played against Sweetwater where we honestly just didn't have the game plan we needed, this was the week Coach Mullinax was there but didn't coach and it rained so hard but honestly the boys fought hard til the end. So i am excited to watch the game Friday and no matter what the outcome GCA better be ready for a good fight from a rowdy Bears team...Good luck to everyone.....Go Bears....

P.S. No matter who your team is please pray for Coach Mullinax he has some medical issues....I am pretty sure he will be at the game because he was last week but he has been very sick....

as a Bear fan I know this is a big task for us GCA is always good, well disciplined, and well coached. I am not a GCA hater at all, good program with great players and coaches. The Bears will have to be on their A game and GCA would have to help us out by not being focused,turning the ball over, or something like that. But I will say this, the difference in this years team is they will compete until the whistle blows and they will hit you. This is something that has been lacking for a while now. Even couple years ago when we went to the playoffs we had a handful of boys that would compete, now we have most of our boys competing. That is what it takes we must compete....We must hit folks....Not a lot of talking about TPHS football going on this year but I am very proud of our boys and we have a Head Coach that loves this game, these kids, and I believe our town. We have been in every game but 2 and but for a play or 2 we are sitting here 6-2 instead of 4-4. We still need to figure out how to beat teams in our county...We did well early against SQHS but got down and gave up but that was the first game of the year and since we have not quit even when we played against Sweetwater where we honestly just didn't have the game plan we needed, this was the week Coach Mullinax was there but didn't coach and it rained so hard but honestly the boys fought hard til the end. So i am excited to watch the game Friday and no matter what the outcome GCA better be ready for a good fight from a rowdy Bears team...Good luck to everyone.....Go Bears....

P.S. No matter who your team is please pray for Coach Mullinax he has some medical issues....I am pretty sure he will be at the game because he was last week but he has been very sick....

Finally!Where have you been hiding.Good to see a Tellico fan again.We will lift him up,he is a fine man and Coach.

Finally!Where have you been hiding.Good to see a Tellico fan again.We will lift him up,he is a fine man and Coach.

been keeping my head down.. I wear maroon colored glasses and last year got on here and basically made a fool or myself because I was such a homer........I have been looking every week at the topics but have not really said much. But since no Tellico person had replied figured I would break the silence....I will pass on that you all are praying. I talk to coach every time I see him out and it honestly makes him smile when he hears folks are praying! so spread the word he has a big battle ahead of him.....

I miss our old district. I liked playing GB, Harriman, and Midway....