Official Thread: Mr. Football Nominations for 2015

CoachT

Please help me, and sportswriters across the state, in identifying players worthy of consideration in Class 3A and 4A.

Here are the directions as sent by the TSSAA. Positive comments carry much more weight in this discussion than negative ones.

For the ninth consecutive year, the Tennessee Titans continue to serve as the title sponsor for the Mr. Football Awards. The TSSAA is very appreciative of the generosity of the Titans' organization for their financial support of these awards and for its wide-ranging support of student-athletes across our state.

The format for the awards will see a change this year. Four semi-finalists will be announced for each category and each classification on November 5. There are six classifications in Division I and two in Division II. With "Back of the Year" and "Lineman of the Year" for each classification, as well as the "Kicker of the Year" award, that makes for a total of 17 award categories.

Two finalists in each category will be announced on November 16 by Mike Keith on TitansOnline.com. The two finalists for each award will be recognized at the Tennessee Titans Mr. Football awards luncheon at Nissan Stadium, where the winners will be announced.

You are asked to submit the name of up to three players in each classification for the Mr. Football Lineman of the Year Award and the Mr. Football Back of the Year Award. You are also asked to submit three players, regardless of classification, for the Mr. Football Kicker of the Year award. It is not necessary to vote for three players in each category, but that is your option. If you feel an individual player is one of the top three players in both categories, then you may list him in both.

These votes are a nominating process only. A selection committee will meet to choose Mr. Football Lineman, Back and Kicker of the Year.

In order for your ballot to be counted, it must be submitted no later than THURSDAY, OCTOBER 29. Please take some time, discuss this with your staff and fill out the online ballot. Thank your for your help in honoring Tennessee's finest.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashton Posey, QB, Marshall County. I know he has a lot of playmakers around him, but he's the leader and what makes the engine run for one of the best offenses in 4A, if not the state. He's put up some huge numbers that look like they're from a video game at times.

Edited by mcfan10

I'm not the kinda person that loves indivual awards but Ashton Posey of Marshall County is having a great senior year season, I'm not saying he should win it but he should definetly be in consideration for it. This is straight from Max--Preps.

Season Totals

Games Played 8

Offense - Passing Totals

Passing Comp 121

Passing Att 174

Passing Yards 1894

Completion Percentage .695

Yds Per Completion 15.7

Passing Yards Per Game 236.8

Passing TD 21

Passing Int 1

Passing Long 77

Qb Rating 142.6

Offense - Rushing Totals

Rushing Num 60

Rushing Yards 227

Yards Per Carry 3.8

Rushing Yards Per Game 28.4

Rushing Long 49

Rushing TDNum 6

Offense - Receiving Totals

Receiving Num 1

Receiving Yards 10

Yards Per Catch 10.0

Receiving Yards Per Game 1.3

Receiving Long 10

Receiving TDNum 1

Offense - Off. Fum and Pnk Blks Totals

Offensive Fumbles 4

Offensive Fumbles Lost 2

Offense - All Purpose Yards Totals

Rushing Yards 227

Receiving Yards 10

All Purpose Yards 237

All Purpose Yards Per Game 29.6

Offense - Total Yards Totals

Passing Yards 1894

Rushing Yards 227

Receiving Yards 10

Total Yards 2131

Total Yards Per Game 266.4

Special Teams - Punts Totals

Punt Num 7

Punt Yards 221

Punt Average 31.6

Punt Long 40

Punt Inside 20 2

Scoring - Points Totals

Total TDNum 7

Total TDPoints 42

Total Conversion Points 4

Total Points 46

Points Per Game 5.8

Scoring - Touchdowns Totals

Rushing TDNum 6

Receiving TDNum 1

Total TDNum 7

Scoring - Conversions Totals

PATRushing Num 1

PATReceiving Num 1

PATConversions 2

Edited by justagoodoleboy

Not only is he statistically dominating 4A (there's really not any other QB or RB in the state that has put his numbers AND been as efficient as him), but he is a great team player as well. He couldn't care less about his stats or touchdowns. He would be perfectly happy with handing the ball off 40 times a game if it meant the team would win. He is a great player, great competitor, hard worker, and a true TEAM guy. There is no one else who deserves it more than him. 

Not only is he statistically dominating 4A (there's really not any other QB or RB in the state that has put his numbers AND been as efficient as him), but he is a great team player as well. He couldn't care less about his stats or touchdowns. He would be perfectly happy with handing the ball off 40 times a game if it meant the team would win. He is a great player, great competitor, hard worker, and a true TEAM guy. There is no one else who deserves it more than him. 

Again Marshall County fans living in their own world.  Magochy at Page has very similar stats against tougher competition and with less surrounding talent.

Over 1800 yards passing, for 18 Tds and 1 Int.  Just over 200 yards rushing with 3 Tds.  Very similar to Posey (who is very deserving in my opinion) but to say no other QB has those kind of numbers is rediculous again with less talent around him).  Also a couple in East Tn with great numbers.  

Will be interesting to know how many of those yards for Posey was while they were running up the score.  Also would love to know how many coaches will not vote for him due to that.  I know at least 2 in the region that will vote for someone else!!!

Again Marshall County fans living in their own world. Magochy at Page has very similar stats against tougher competition and with less surrounding talent.

Over 1800 yards passing, for 18 Tds and 1 Int. Just over 200 yards rushing with 3 Tds. Very similar to Posey (who is very deserving in my opinion) but to say no other QB has those kind of numbers is rediculous again with less talent around him). Also a couple in East Tn with great numbers.

Will be interesting to know how many of those yards for Posey was while they were running up the score. Also would love to know how many coaches will not vote for him due to that. I know at least 2 in the region that will vote for someone else!!!

I agree with "most" of this BooWho! Magochy has almost matching stats as well with Posey. I think Posey is a little more efficient (70% completion rate) which leads to a higher QBR.

Daylen Watts Upperman 1845 pssing 20 td's, 305 rushing 9 td's. 2150 total yards from scrimmage.

This young man is well deserving in 3A!!! Keep in mind though, Noah Whaley is sitting on almost 1600 rushing yards and 20 TD's and Zach Weatherly for CPA is also looming behind. Zach is about 500 yards behind in passing with a little over 1300, but plays on a "spotlight" team with MUCH more exposure than Upperman.

Tyler Enos - LB

Sr. - #21

Notre Dame

a man among boys and an absolute tackklin machine; as he has been all 4 of his years...Freshman usually dont start at that position on strong teams......and this award definately does not have to go to an offensive player

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

I agree Mr. Booger!!!