Best pre-game music at your high school?

hardtackle

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we just offered plenty of options... What do you think for all you sensitive listeners?

Sensitive ? I think they are serious about their likes and want a clean sound  regardless of genre. I do not see your viewpoint for explicit lyrics and how this gets you ready to play. Same song without the explicit lyrics seems to accomplish the same thing. I think we have seen the music fits the demographics. I also agree that the coach and players should have the say as to what music they like. 

I have never needed music to "hype" me up before any athletic contest that I have competed in. The reason I would get ready to play was that I thought I could compete with anybody. Sometimes I could sometimes I could not. After the first play in football, it is generally worthless anyway.

I have never needed music to "hype" me up before any athletic contest that I have competed in. The reason I would get ready to play was that I thought I could compete with anybody. Sometimes I could sometimes I could not. After the first play in football, it is generally worthless anyway.

It's kind of hard for you to understand due to your age. Just know the average player nowadays would prefer a mixture of band/ hype music. Is that a fact based off of a survey ? NO. Is that simple common sense? YES.

It's kind of hard for you to understand due to your age. Just know the average player nowadays would prefer a mixture of band/ hype music. Is that a fact based off of a survey ? NO. Is that simple common sense? YES.

Well since I have worked radio and been apart of a DJ service for years, I do not think I am that far out of the loop. Just like alternate jerseys, it is what the kids want not a necessity. A few years ago the biggest hype music at MJ was "Sandstorm" and that was not rap!! I remember it well. Not that rap does not have its place these days, in fact some is just plain catchy, but it is not needed just a want. Anything will suffice but like I stated before after that initial hit on the field I doubt that comes into play. Both teams are listening to it you know. It works both ways. Personally I would play classical slow music to deter the other team haha!! Don't trust what you read or hear regarding my age my friend😉 Edited by GWAVE1

Well since I have worked radio and been apart of a DJ service for years, I do not think I am that far out of the loop. Just like alternate jerseys, it is what the kids want not a necessity. A few years ago the biggest hype music at MJ was "Sandstorm" and that was not rap!! I remember it well. Not that rap does not have its place these days, in fact some is just plain catchy, but it is not needed just a want. Anything will suffice but like I stated before after that initial hit on the field I doubt that comes into play. Both teams are listening to it you know. It works both ways. Personally I would play classical slow music to deter the other team haha!! Don't trust what you read or hear regarding my age my friend😉

Hey I'll be there one day too, but for now I'm young and proud.