Next Giles County Coach?

rocketsrule

It's true. I talked to one of Kirbys close friends here in Covington. The superintendent called him Wednesday night and told him they were going in a different direction and that Oconnor contacted Giles on Friday. Giles officials then interviewed him on Saturday and he then had to check on his retirement. Supposedly Kirby wasn't going anyways because pay was a big difference based on base salary and other money incentives Tipton county coaches receive for cutting grass and booster club money. So take it what is worth I did hear it second hand and not from the man himself. So I guess week one at Covington is going to be another classic. So Covington fans get ready for Wheeler/Kirby round 3. Third times a charm Go Chargers!

Wow sounds like the principal shared way too much info

Once you get outside of Lewisburg he is just seen as a good coach that cheats. Just like they did at Giles which is why some of those nutty fans liked him. The respectable ones like WOMG hated what that clan did to the reputation of Giles County

Please, WOMG was right up OC and staffs rear end just like he was Walt's before their falling out (still not sure what happened there). I will give it to him though, he is loyal to the man in charge but blind loyalty isn't always a good thing. 

On the rumor of OC coming back, I would be ecstatic. Doubt it's true though. OC's whole reason for leaving was to get his retirement sooner, so why would he leave before accomplishing that? He would also have to take a pay cut. It just doesn't add up. Hope I'm wrong.

Please, WOMG was right up OC and staffs rear end just like he was Walt's before their falling out (still not sure what happened there). I will give it to him though, he is loyal to the man in charge but blind loyalty isn't always a good thing.

On the rumor of OC coming back, I would be ecstatic. Doubt it's true though. OC's whole reason for leaving was to get his retirement sooner, so why would he leave before accomplishing that? He would also have to take a pay cut. It just doesn't add up. Hope I'm wrong.

Spot on post... I selfishly hope OC returns just for the storylines when they play Marshall County! Remember all those Giles fans crying about the Oconners being in the press box last year for Marshall County 😂 I bet Oconners agent has stayed on his phone this weekend. From everything I've heard from Pulaski it's very close to being a done deal. Pay cut would be a non problem because of Giles boosters buying out his last years of Alabama retirement out and he would be back to getting his under the table benefits, why wouldn't he go back to Giles is the ?

Spot on post... I selfishly hope OC returns just for the storylines when they play Marshall County! Remember all those Giles fans crying about the Oconners being in the press box last year for Marshall County 😂 I bet Oconners agent has stayed on his phone this weekend. From everything I've heard from Pulaski it's very close to being a done deal. Pay cut would be a non problem because of Giles boosters buying out his last years of Alabama retirement out and he would be back to getting his under the table benefits, why wouldn't he go back to Giles is the ?

Word to the wise be very careful what you post on here. If he had the Oconnors or any coach in press box or any practice then it is a violation of TSSAA policy. I believe it a fine of $500 but still a violation. Stupid rule in my opinion but a rule nonetheless

So let me get this straight BooWho, your a Raider man right? So if the tide was turned and it was Richland in this situation over the years and not GCHS , you wouldnt want it? Just yes or no man, no beating around bush. If you only knew the Richland kids that came down and participated in Coach Os speed school over the years. I was glad to finally see all kids in the county working together, Yes Im talking little kids too, kids of all kind, His daughter even came up and did her best to have it up there this past year.I would welcome Coach Oconner back in an instant, weather anyone likes him or not I really dont care. He did at least inflict one thing into these kids that people just hate now and thats respect and discipline, it sure as !@$! is not alot of that around now..It NEEDS to be back! I am finished waisting time on this foolishness...because if he does return 90% on here saying they cant stand him will be one of the first through the gate on Fridays cheering and having a big time saying " Im glad OC is back"..meeting adjourned Go Bobcats!!