Lauderdale Co Alabama vs Adamsville

Guest AdamsvilleDad26

So, you think it's fair for Gibson County(non open enrollment) to compete with Adamsville who is open enrollment? Nope! Aville should have a 1.4 multiplier because they have an advantage that allows them to potentially gain great athletes. Gibson Co( or whomever you choose as an example) is stuck with what they have. Huuuuuuuugggggge difference in open enrollment versus Closed! TSSAA has figured that out and there will be a change soon!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, you think it's fair for Gibson County(non open enrollment) to compete with Adamsville who is open enrollment? Nope! Aville should have a 1.4 multiplier because they have an advantage that allows them to potentially gain great athletes. Gibson Co( or whomever you choose as an example) is stuck with what they have. Huuuuuuuugggggge difference in open enrollment versus Closed! TSSAA has figured that out and there will be a change soon!

TSSAA is on to something and they are right. Only thing is lots of counties have open enrollment .Some benefit a lot and others don't see the same benefits.

Are you saying only Adamsville should get a multiplier or all open enrollment schools? I know, I know! I think if they put a multiplier on public schools they should double the multiplier for private schools or just send them where they should be anyway! That multiplier rule would really send McNairy's program to the sewer! It's almost there now!!   

Absolutely!!! If Selmer High has to use the multiplier it would destroy all of their high school programs.  Anyway, if the Multiplier rule comes into play, we will deal with like everyone else has.  I assume we will start zoning kids then and I will wager a lot of money that Adamsville will have a housing boom with all the people moving to Aville.