Meigs vs Bledsoe

Anothertiger2

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st tiebreaker is overall record. Tyner is #3

That is only correct if it's a three way or more tie. If Tyner loses to Brainerd then both teams are 4-3. If Bledsoe loses to Meigs as well then only Tyner and Brainerd will be tied with a 4-3 record. Therefore Tyner would be the 4 seed. If Meigs beats Bledsoe they are left out if Brainerd was to pull the upset. Edited by TheAmbassador

this was posted yesterday:

Region 3 has 3 teams in.

If Tyner losses to Brainerd, they would still hold the third seed by having the 3 way tie breaker with total wins.

Brainerd would still be out after losing to Bledsoe County last week.

Brainerd only get in with a win over Tyner and a Bledsoe County loss.

this was posted yesterday:Region 3 has 3 teams in. If Tyner losses to Brainerd, they would still hold the third seed by having the 3 way tie breaker with total wins. Brainerd would still be out after losing to Bledsoe County last week. Brainerd only get in with a win over Tyner and a Bledsoe County loss.

I don't agree with it. I don't think they would have a 3 way tie unless Bledsoe wins. I believe a Tyner loss which is very unlikely and a Meigs win results in a Tyner four seed. If Tyner loses they are 4-3 in the region just like Brainerd. If Bledsoe wins then you have them at 4-3 forcing a 3 way tie. If Bledsoe loses and Brainerd wins its a two way tie between Brainerd and Tyner. If both are 4-3 then Brainerd would get the higher seed due to head to head which is the first tiebreaker. Edited by TheAmbassador

So head to head is more important than an overall record? I do not think that is correct. If Tyner loses Fri, Tyner and Brainerd would be 4-3 in region, and Brainerd would have head to head advantage but Tyner would have a better overall record (6-4 vs 4-6)

It could have changed, but a two way tie in region play has always went to head to head first and foremost.

Tyner is 3rd no matter what and the winner of the Meigs/Bledsoe game will be 4th. Regardless, Tyner is not going to lose and it come down to which team actually wants to travel and get beat in the first round and which one just wants this season to be over. Both Meigs and Bledsoe have had very disappointing seasons no matter which one wins. Both teams thought they were pretty good when the season started and found out that something different. Oh well, there's always next year.

Tyner is 3rd no matter what and the winner of the Meigs/Bledsoe game will be 4th. Regardless, Tyner is not going to lose and it come down to which team actually wants to travel and get beat in the first round and which one just wants this season to be over. Both Meigs and Bledsoe have had very disappointing seasons no matter which one wins. Both teams thought they were pretty good when the season started and found out that something different. Oh well, there's always next year.

I don't agree. I see Tyner as getting shuffled to a four seed if they lose and Meigs wins. Tyner and Brainerd tied at 4-3 tie breaker goes to Brainerd on head to head if it's not a three way tie.