Henry County @ Centennial

redblooded

I wasn't there. What kind of passes were we doing late in this game? Were they more desperation type throws or did it look more like a drawn out passing attack?

To be honest I have thought all season long that a passing game for this team could be the difference between being a state title contender and a non state title contender.

Don't want to rain on the parade again, but we don't have the size to compete for a championship. Centennial's players made ours look like middle schoolers.

Don't want to rain on the parade again, but we don't have the size to compete for a championship. Centennial's players made ours look like middle schoolers.

We have beaten teams that have outsized us on many occasions before. Notably during our 2013 championship run in which (I thought) Memphis East, Ridgeway, and Knox West all had somewhat of a size advantage...

We have beaten teams that have outsized us on many occasions before. Notably during our 2013 championship run in which (I thought) Memphis East, Ridgeway, and Knox West all had somewhat of a size advantage...

Well, that was a different year and different team. Centennial's lines could do pretty much whatever they wanted.

I wasn't there so I can't comment on our performance tonight. I do know Centennial is very good, but if we were able to come back as red blooded said we were, then it is good news.

I was there. Field level.

I'm glad we did. Too little too late though. It was through the air bc we couldn't on the ground.

Indy is very good. 5A favorite in my opinion. Would have a good shot in 6A as well...

Totally agree.  Point is, they throw the ball much better than Centennial and with the trouble HC had stopping the pass last night, Indy might hang 50+ on them.

Here's an article and game summary.  CHS hurt themselves with penalties and some bad snaps so they better clean that up moving forward.

http://www.williamsonherald.com/sports/article_79008a26-7f83-11e5-bc90-6b87aa180a15.html

Edited by BT Mafia

1 TD for Centennial came after 2 absolutely horrible calls. Still think they would've won the game but it changed the game quite a bit right before halftime.

The very late PI call in the end zone was baffling. Might have been a little bump but why the delay in throwing the flag? On the other hand, the out of bounds hit on CHS on the first play of the 3rd quarter was weak.  It was in front of the HC bench and no coach or player was screaming late hit when the flag flew. In the 4th quarter, Centennial player had inside position and should have make a pick but instead got a PI call that kept the final HC TD drive alive. Overall, the officiating was spotty at best.

The very late PI call in the end zone was baffling. Might have been a little bump but why the delay in throwing the flag? On the other hand, the out of bounds hit on CHS on the first play of the 3rd quarter was weak.  It was in front of the HC bench and no coach or player was screaming late hit when the flag flew. In the 4th quarter, Centennial player had inside position and should have make a pick but instead got a PI call that kept the final HC TD drive alive. Overall, the officiating was spotty at best.

First, congrats to a great Centennial team that was soundly better last night in all aspects of the game. Spotty officiating is an understatement. Not the worst I've seen, but pretty sorry. Particularly the PI calls and non-calls. However, on the play you are referring to it wasn't a "late hit" so to speak. The CHS player was riding on his back trying to pull him down well onto the track - a good 10-15 yds past the sideline. As to the way the game finished, I have no doubt that we can play with them. A rematch would be nice. Maybe Hendersonville or Beech will take Indy out! Now on to Munford and the first round.