Open Enrollment

Intense

I wish we has 3 classifications 1a 500 students 2a 500 to 1000 3A 1000 or more for public schools. 1 or 2 classifications for private. There's two many state champions now. when you have sub .500 teams making the playoffs its watered down.

This, while a good idea, would never work for the tssaa.

It would be devastating to their cash flow.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't do that. It would cut into TSSAA's revenue. Let's increase the classifications to 12, start playing mid July and have the Championships between Christmas and New Year. That way the good folks in Murfreesboro can increase their salaries and all teams make the playoffs. There problem solved.

Oh, and everyone gets a participation trophy.

All I needed to do was read one more post then I could have simply said "this"

IMO, id rather focus on getting the split done first. Then the TSSAA can take its time to figure out how they want to approach open enrollment

Yeah they know who the privates schools are and should be able to understand the advantages they have. This other deal could take some studying.

Yeah they know who the privates schools are and should be able to understand the advantages they have. This other deal could take some studying.

Because the problem I have with open enrollment is that it's not the sure advantage everybody thinks it is. Several places have open enrollment that are pretty bad at football. Maybe create 2 classes (1 large school class and one small school class) of teams that are open enrollment? Not sure that's the answer, but I'm not sure anyone knows the answer.

Bigger question to me is why us thus an issue now? Alot if school systems have had open enrollment for a very long time. I think it's just another excuse for programs to use as to why they're not successful. Truth is, the same schools win every year because TN HS football is stretch out way too thin

Because the problem I have with open enrollment is that it's not the sure advantage everybody thinks it is. Several places have open enrollment that are pretty bad at football. Maybe create 2 classes (1 large school class and one small school class) of teams that are open enrollment? Not sure that's the answer, but I'm not sure anyone knows the answer.

Bigger question to me is why us thus an issue now? Alot if school systems have had open enrollment for a very long time. I think it's just another excuse for programs to use as to why they're not successful. Truth is, the same schools win every year because TN HS football is stretch out way too thin

Some schools thrive by drawing kids from other schools but this is away tooo much for the TSSAA to iron out. Its a silly notion to even think about.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Not exactly hard to transfer right now. Still would have problems with Maryville. Boys bball and baseball probably wouldn't win state even with open enrollment

I am only talking football now but if Rutherford had open enrollment right now all football players i think right now would wind up at OHS what do you think.

I am only talking football now but if Rutherford had open enrollment right now all football players i think right now would wind up at OHS what do you think.

Not necessarily, Blackman is a great school and so is Stewart's Creek. Wasn't that long ago that Oakland is where Siegel is right now. If I didn't have a affiliation to Oakland, that would be my top 2 recommendations. Great thing about RuCo is there is good football everywhere so I really don't think open enrollment would matter that much. At the end of the day you can only play so many kids

Edited by MidTennFootball

I say classify schools based on number of red lights in town and whether or not you have a walmart. No red lights 1a, 1 redlight 2a, 1 redlight plus a walmart 3a, 2 redlights 4a, 5 or more red lights 5a. That should fix everything. Oh more than 10 redlights would be 6a

. Load the bus UC, y'all going to play Maryville. Would loved to have seen last years them play them, that was a special group.