Ensworth or BA?

BigENS

• 1 month later...

Ba beat CBHS in state championship and twice this summer? You must be from Memphis to say CBHS

CBHS beat BA by 7 in a tournament in Florida over the holidays.  Regardless of what you seem to think, BOTH teams, along with Ensworth), are contenders for the title this year.

Edited by RedRobin1

I was able to checkout the championship game in FL and CBHS controlled the entire game. I've seen BA play over a handful of times within the last year and they excel off of turnovers and great ball movement. Their players are extremely talented ,especially the trio (Garland, Oatsvall, Johnson) but the only way to beat them in my opinion is being around the 10 turnover mark and slow the game down keeping the trio under 40 pts. If im not mistaken they've only lost 3 games in the past 2 seasons and all 3 where low scoring affairs. You WILL NOT beat them at their game lol.

CBHS controlled the game from start to finish although it almost turned into another melt down like last year as they saw a ~15 point lead dwindle down to 4 in the final minute. They have somewhat of a nice trio also with any one of them being able to get around 15-20 any night which happened in the tournament. BA isn't as big as they were over the summer, possibly has something to do with the big kid down low signing to play football for Ole Miss next year maybe he's an early enrollment or something. I also finally saw what all of the major ranking sites see in Garland, he's the real deal, he has a game much beyond his age and size. He gets rebounds, posts up smaller guards, finds open teammates without a problem and he's just the total package. It will be scary whenever he starts playing above the rim, I think he will finish a top 25 talent in the 2018 class for sure (yes i know he's already up there). 

My predictions on teams with a legitimate chance of finishing in the final 4 are BA, Ensworth, CBHS, Briarcrest, and McCallie. Who makes it to the championship game? Idk it depends largely on the seeding bc a few of these teams could meet in the quarterfinal games. 

And as far as the BA vs ENS argument goes. Ensworth depends largely on Bone's production unless something has changed about there roster tremendously this year i don't see a one person's production beating BA. BA dominated a FL team that had a top 50 florida st commit (Trent Forrest) who dropped over 30 pts and a many dimes but still didnt get close. 

I was able to checkout the championship game in FL and CBHS controlled the entire game. I've seen BA play over a handful of times within the last year and they excel off of turnovers and great ball movement. Their players are extremely talented ,especially the trio (Garland, Oatsvall, Johnson) but the only way to beat them in my opinion is being around the 10 turnover mark and slow the game down keeping the trio under 40 pts. If im not mistaken they've only lost 3 games in the past 2 seasons and all 3 where low scoring affairs. You WILL NOT beat them at their game lol.

CBHS controlled the game from start to finish although it almost turned into another melt down like last year as they saw a ~15 point lead dwindle down to 4 in the final minute. They have somewhat of a nice trio also with any one of them being able to get around 15-20 any night which happened in the tournament. BA isn't as big as they were over the summer, possibly has something to do with the big kid down low signing to play football for Ole Miss next year maybe he's an early enrollment or something. I also finally saw what all of the major ranking sites see in Garland, he's the real deal, he has a game much beyond his age and size. He gets rebounds, posts up smaller guards, finds open teammates without a problem and he's just the total package. It will be scary whenever he starts playing above the rim, I think he will finish a top 25 talent in the 2018 class for sure (yes i know he's already up there). 

My predictions on teams with a legitimate chance of finishing in the final 4 are BA, Ensworth, CBHS, Briarcrest, and McCallie. Who makes it to the championship game? Idk it depends largely on the seeding bc a few of these teams could meet in the quarterfinal games. 

And as far as the BA vs ENS argument goes. Ensworth depends largely on Bone's production unless something has changed about there roster tremendously this year i don't see a one person's production beating BA. BA dominated a FL team that had a top 50 florida st commit (Trent Forrest) who dropped over 30 pts and a many dimes but still didnt get close. 

Ensworth is a different team this year.  They had absolutely no height last year, which made them have to try to beat BA at BA's game.  This year they have a very talented 14 year-old freshman who is 6'8".  They also have another freshman about the same height.  This allows them to play a different game than they did last year and has freed up the guards for more open outside shots.  Just so the D2 haters know, both of the freshman to whom I refer were at Ensworth Middle School last year. Not saying that Ensworth is gonna win it all, just saying that there are three very good teams in D2-AA this year and things should be interesting down the stretch.  Home court will be important until they get to Lipscomb. 

I haven't seen either McCallie or Briarcrest, so I am not counting either of them out at this point either.

Edited by RedRobin1

Ensworth is a different team this year.  They had absolutely no height last year, which made them have to try to beat BA at BA's game.  This year they have a very talented 14 year-old freshman who is 6'8".  They also have another freshman about the same height.  This allows them to play a different game than they did last year and has freed up the guards for more open outside shots.  Just so the D2 haters know, both of the freshman to whom I refer were at Ensworth Middle School last year. Not saying that Ensworth is gonna win it all, just saying that there are three very good teams in D2-AA this year and things should be interesting down the stretch.  Home court will be important until they get to Lipscomb. 

I haven't seen either McCallie or Briarcrest, so I am not counting either of them out at this point either.

Wasn't one of them from Madison Middle?

Wow had no clue. Hopefully they are as talented as you say they are. Looking forward to seeing the Tigers play in the Big games to come. 

In round,1 BA wins last night at BA.  Game tied 51-51 and Ensworth had the ball with around 1 minute to go and tried to milk the clock playing like they were going trying for the last shot.  BA forced the turnover.  IMO, Ensworth had regained the momentum with a nice run to tie, but then lost it trying to hold it.  BA got the lead, and Ensworth turned it over again.  

Based on last night, I would not be surprised who beats who when these two teams play each other this year.  Expect BA to get better as football players get more games under their belt since they play a key role, but case could be same for Ensworth as younger players continue to gain experience.  

Red Robin, you are 100% INCORRECT. 6'8" played for Madison Middle last year as did the 6'4" freshman. Check your facts. They won the middle school city championship last year. So I guess those D2 "haters" can say whatever they want.

Both were from Madison middle. Both zoned to Hunters Lane.

Both might have been zoned to go to Hunters Lane, but rumor has it there was a 2 - team race within the Metro ranks to land them before Big Rick stepped in. East & Stratford.  East obviously is the gem of Metro hoops but do not be surprised to see Stratford start getting some of these kids now that Coach Fitzgerald is back.