Wayne County (10-0) vs Monterey (6-4) 1st Rd Playoffs

WCHS_Wildcats_#2

Scrappy bunch. Run smokestack and some spread. Front 7 is their strength on defense. Secondary is all sophomores. Pretty banged up right now. They lost their 1,000 yard rusher tonight. Preliminary reports are that it could be season ending. Lost first two games to a 5A and 3A schools respectively. Lost in Region to NCS and TC.

Scrappy bunch. Run smokestack and some spread. Front 7 is their strength on defense. Secondary is all sophomores. Pretty banged up right now. They lost their 1,000 yard rusher tonight. Preliminary reports are that it could be season ending. Lost first two games to a 5A and 3A schools respectively. Lost in Region to NCS and TC.

Thanks for the info! Like I said, I havnt heard nothing on them this year but that don't mean they're not good. Hate to hear they have injuries, they're tough on 1a teams.

They have 2 posters that get on here. Talmad is a great dude on and off the boards and then dore4ever but I think he just showed up tonight but seems like he knows his stuff.

From what I have gathered and Ill be repeating what Dore said above but they more than likely have lost their offensive weapon and RB in #7 at least for this week. Thats just from reports I got tonight. He went out 1st qtr then came back to sideline in 2nd half in street clothes. Shoulder Injury. He did have over 1000 rushing yds like Dore said.

Coach Rice spoke about them a lil bit tonight saying they had a great group of Lineman up front on Off and Def. Pretty good size. He also talked about their RB, the one who is who got hurt tonight. That was all he knew at the moment really about them.

They went 6-4...they did lose 1st week to a 5A school,@ White County 14-7. They finished the yr 2-8. Then played @ Upperman losing 13-7. That team is good they went 8-2 and was ranked in top 10 in 3A earlier this season (They may still be I didnt look). Then they went like this..

L NCS (9-1) 47-7

W Middle TN Christian (6-4) 30-13

W Red Boiling Springs (4-6) 42-17

L @ Trousdale County (7-3) 42-21

W Pickett County (1-9) 60-8

W @ Gordonsville (3-7) 28-7

W Clay County (2-8) 56-20

W @ Jo Byrns (8-2) 21-18

On a 4 game winning streak and beating Jo Byrns also giving a 2 lose 3A team all they could handle while on the road says ALOT ab this bunch! We better be ready!

Edited by WCHS_Wildcats_#2

Opponents Record:

50-50

Playoff Teams faced:

4 (NCS,JB,TC,Upperman)

Pts scored/Pts given up

262 avg p/g-- 26.2

199 avg p/g-- 19.9

They got 339 kids in the HS. According to TSSAA website. In comparison we have 319.

They have a roster of right around 30-32 kids. So about the size of Collinwood's roster.

Besides #7 I hear they are pretty healthy. I also heard they run quite a bit of spread formation but I'll know much more once we get some film on Hudl of them. I'm anxious to see what they looked like vs JB. Hope we get that film.

My thoughts exactly! I could care less about round 3 when we ain't played round 1!

Just like dore said!! He knows this team well!! We look forward to the drive and the game!  I donot think we have ever played in our history so itsnew turf for us both!!! As for the posters on here we dont got many and you wont hear us talking smack unless You step on our toes lol!!! Good luck and health to both teams and we will see you guys Friday!!! I think wchs wildcat has all our stats already since our program started 82 years ago lol he a dandy and very faithful to Wayne County! Small town football at its best!!!