The penalty for not scheduling cupcakes & bad teams in the playoffs

nrgrizzlies

When you go to their place and hang 50 on them and they get in because they played three lower division teams with a combined record of 6 & 24, that is NOT having everything taking care of itself.  I saw there is a # on twitter to bring back the "Z" plan already.   This current setup has about one more year in it's lifespan before it's replaced.  The entire 6a plan is a farce.  Clocks will be running before the 1st qtr is over.

You sound like a whinner. Give it a rest.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, people were complaining that regional/district standing was taking a back seat to overall records.

All situations can not be accounted for and resolved to the satisfaction of all parties. There are upper divison cupcakes as well. Hunters Lane and Glencliff are an example in the Nashville area. Should a 4A get more standing for scheduling those two over CPA or Alcoa?

Edited by midtnmale

No one cares about strength of schedule. Plain and simple, win your region games. This isn't hard to understand at all. Of course the 6a schools are gonna have bad teams in because they're all in. This isn't the BCS where there is a strength of schedule component. The playoffs separate the pretenders from contenders. If I were a football coach, Id schedule non region games with opponents that were going to bring fans to the stands and make some $.

Again it is all well and void to say just win your region games! Every coach I know says the same thing. In this instance Stewart's Creek won their regions games or just as many as the 3 teams in their region Lavergne, Shelbyville and Lincoln Co. They were tied for 2nd in the region with those above mentioned teams it not like they won 1 or 2 region games. It just a shame the teams that played the easy schedules out of conference got the benefit over them heck Lincoln finishes 2nd ahead of LaVergne who beat them 34-8 just a couple weeks ago. It is what it is good luck to the 5-5A district in the playoffs and congrats to Stewart's Creek on a good year in only their 3rd year as a program. Use it as motivation to get there next year.

It's probably Lincoln County's fault LaVergne lost to Shelbyville and Summit also right?

Come on guys. Traditionally the schools LC and Shelbyville schedualed are good football teams and bring more fans than Murfreesboro and Nashville schools. My guess is LaVergne scheduled Smyrna for the same reason. Win your region games and we aren't having this discussion. Stewart's Creek was in the exact same position as LC going into Friday nights game except they had home field advantage. If they had won they are #2 in the region and LC is left out.

Again it is all well and void to say just win your region games! Every coach I know says the same thing. In this instance Stewart's Creek won their regions games or just as many as the 3 teams in their region Lavergne, Shelbyville and Lincoln Co. They were tied for 2nd in the region with those above mentioned teams it not like they won 1 or 2 region games. It just a shame the teams that played the easy schedules out of conference got the benefit over them heck Lincoln finishes 2nd ahead of LaVergne who beat them 34-8 just a couple weeks ago. It is what it is good luck to the 5-5A district in the playoffs and congrats to Stewart's Creek on a good year in only their 3rd year as a program. Use it as motivation to get there next year.

Your coach knew the playoff format when he made the schedule. Go cry to him.

Your coach knew the playoff format when he made the schedule. Go cry to him.

Again not crying here just stating I think the playoff tiebreaker format could be better. Didn't realize stating an opinion was crying but thanks for pointing that out. If tha Creek would have won Friday then they wouldn't have had to worry bout it but they didn't. So as I said earlier good luck to 5-5a teams in playoffs

I would not mind a rule where teams have to be at least 5-5 to qualify, if there are enough to fill the bracket. You would have to adjust the matchups where it wouldnt necessarily be 1-4 and 2-3 in the first round from neighbor regions and of course the "super 32" system would be scrapped.