The penalty for not scheduling cupcakes & bad teams in the playoffs

nrgrizzlies

When you go to their place and hang 50 on them and they get in because they played three lower division teams with a combined record of 6 & 24, that is NOT having everything taking care of itself.  I saw there is a # on twitter to bring back the "Z" plan already.   This current setup has about one more year in it's lifespan before it's replaced.  The entire 6a plan is a farce.  Clocks will be running before the 1st qtr is over.

The z plan was a disaster. It was way too complicated. The current plan is the same plan that was in place before the z plan...save the super 32. Having schools in 2 different classes playing in the same district was ridiculous. The current plan is fine.

LOLOLOLOL ... this debate rages on and on.

Look folks ... there isn't a plan that will please everyone. Some like the Z-plan. Others hate it. Some like the current plan with the Super 32. Others think it stinks. Some want to go back to 5 classes, others are fine with 6. Some just want three classes. There are those who are pssionate about teams under 0.500 not bheing in the playoffs. Others don't give a flip. Then there is the team that is 0-10, 1-9, 2-8, etc. traveling to lose a first round game, and those that think that, that is a travisty ... both in embarrasment, cost to travel, or the sheer indingity that a team with a record as such even got into the playoffs. Don't let a team with a 6-4 record from what is thought to be a more competitive region NOT get in. That is highway robbery!

Somebody is always going to complain.

I frankly don't care what plan is used. I'll keep saying this one thing.

WHATEVER you do, do NOT allow subjectivety be part of the selection process. Just find a plan with clear cut sets of criteria. Let the chips fall where they may. Two things will happen.

1) More people will NOT like the plan then those who do like it.

2) No one will think that there is any bias or hanky panky going on with the teams that make it to the playoffs.

That's all I require ... the removal of or just the hint of bias. No one selects who deserves to go. No selection committee, no newspaper polls, nothing of that sort.

Edited by kwc

Good call. If LaVergne hadn't have WANTED to move down then Maryville wouldn't have been able to move up this year.

Maybe before next season see if Warren County, Coffee County, ect... want to move down, and then we'll see who wants to take their place.

I don't think that would happen until the year after next due to scheduling.

True but that was due to keeping classes over football and basketball the same (even though some small schools lack football), not an effort to give some that would be in 6A a break.

I don't see that they are getting a big break. As you said the ones that are getting a break would be the 20 or so 5a teams that would be in 6a if classes were even. When schools are that big...the difference isn't too great. After all...Maryville has a 5a enrollment.

Edited by Antwan

Good call. If LaVergne hadn't have WANTED to move down then Maryville wouldn't have been able to move up this year.

Maybe before next season see if Warren County, Coffee County, ect... want to move down, and then we'll see who wants to take their place.

incorrect.

Nobody was initially given an option to 'move down'.

TSSAA gave lower classified teams an option to request to move up. Maryville was the only 5A team that wanted to move up, so TSSAA started with the smallest Super 32 and asked if they would move down to 5A. If they had declined, then they would have asked next smallest team, etc.

The only way anyone else will be able to play down is if another 5A school requests to move up. Not the other way around.

Edited by FootballFan51

incorrect.

Nobody was initially given an option to 'move down'.

TSSAA gave lower classified teams an option to request to move up. Maryville was the only 5A team that wanted to move up, so TSSAA started with the smallest Super 32 and asked if they would move down to 5A. If they had declined, then they would have asked next smallest team, etc.

The only way anyone else will be able to play down is if another 5A school requests to move up. Not the other way around.

Ok, I'm totally wrong about that. Thought it was the other way around. Thanks for the correction.

So no takers besides Maryville want to come into the "Super 32"?.... And why would they?