Fairview vs Stratford

FvHSJackets9

actually they had the 49th toughest 3a schedule in the state Strenght vs sucess moves them up to 5th     

http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/rankings/sos.cfm?sportid=1

I will admit that I don't understand those Rankings but a little skewed when the victory over the #8 GA AAAAAAA school shows with a 0-0 record. Surely that brings the rank down. Very tough out of region schedule. Now what happens on the field counts.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will admit that I don't understand those Rankings but a little skewed when the victory over the #8 GA AAAAAAA school shows with a 0-0 record. Surely that brings the rank down. Very tough out of region schedule. Now what happens on the field counts.

Those SOS rankings are faulty and always have been. Show me one other 3A school who has played 6 teams that made the TN playoffs (3 in 3A, 2 in 4A, and 1 in DII) and the #7 team in Georgia in 6A, and those teams were 5-1 last week in the playoffs. That's 7 teams of the ten they played still playing. 48 tougher 3A schedules than that?? Who are you kidding? 

Goodpasture is shown as the 2nd toughest schedule. They played 7 TN playoff teams, 3 of which CPA also played. The other 4 teams they played were CPA (if you are good, you are penalized in SOS formula because you cannot play yourself), BGA, FRA, and Lipscomb. Does anyone really think BGA,FRA, and Lipscomb are tougher opponents than Knox. Cath., Ensworth, and Pearl Cohn (the other 3 CPA played)?

SOS means nothing and never has, and it is a faulty ranking. I repeat - CPA had the toughest 3A schedule in the state.​

The first column shows the winning percentage of the teams you/CPA played this year...meaning their opponents  only won 44% of the games they played  not a tough schedule at all   ..showing the GA. school as 0-0 actually does nothing to bring that percentage down  at all and barely would have moved it up either ..

The second column takes into account how you did against those teams wins/losses  if you beat teams with bad records but lost to ones with good records that number goes down and if you beat all the good ones but stumbled to a bad one  that also brings that number down.

So while CPA schedule wasn't that hard they beat the teams they were supposed and maybe one they were not(CAK)  hence the number 5 strength of schedule  plus success rank 

Those SOS rankings are faulty and always have been. Show me one other 3A school who has played 6 teams that made the TN playoffs (3 in 3A, 2 in 4A, and 1 in DII) and the #7 team in Georgia in 6A, and those teams were 5-1 last week in the playoffs. That's 7 teams of the ten they played still playing. 48 tougher 3A schedules than that?? Who are you kidding? 

Goodpasture is shown as the 2nd toughest schedule. They played 7 TN playoff teams, 3 of which CPA also played. The other 4 teams they played were CPA (if you are good, you are penalized in SOS formula because you cannot play yourself), BGA, FRA, and Lipscomb. Does anyone really think BGA,FRA, and Lipscomb are tougher opponents than Knox. Cath., Ensworth, and Pearl Cohn (the other 3 CPA played)?

SOS means nothing and never has, and it is a faulty ranking. I repeat - CPA had the toughest 3A schedule in the state.​

Liberty did  all that plus  beat a 5a defending state champ  ..not only are they in one of if not the toughest district in TN...they also played and beat defending 5 a Champion Henry County HS who would kill everyone on the CPA Schedule and Jackson North side a 9-2 4 a school that would also beat CPA.

Edited by Beagle

Liberty did all that plus beat a 5a defending state champ ..not only are they in one of if not the toughest district in TN...they also played and beat defending 5 a Champion Henry County HS who would kill everyone on the CPA Schedule and Jackson North side a 9-2 4 a school that would also beat CPA.

Henry County nor JNS would beat Pearl-Cohn or Ensworth. I'm also sure that Peachtree GA isn't a cupcake. That's just my opinion of course. Maybe JNS will have an opportunity to play the Firebirds in the 4A playoffs.

Liberty did all that plus beat a 5a defending state champ ..not only are they in one of if not the toughest district in TN...they also played and beat defending 5 a Champion Henry County HS who would kill everyone on the CPA Schedule and Jackson North side a 9-2 4 a school that would also beat CPA.

Henry County is not the defending 5A champion.. Knoxville West beat Hillsboro in the 2014 5A title game..

Henry County nor JNS would beat Pearl-Cohn or Ensworth. I'm also sure that Peachtree GA isn't a cupcake. That's just my opinion of course. Maybe JNS will have an opportunity to play the Firebirds in the 4A playoffs.

I have to agree. Henry County is a solid football team but i doubt they could slow down PC and doubt they could tackle that RB from Ensworth. CPA isn't as good as they were last year but they're still better than most. Liberty will have the best shot until Alcoa beats them badly. Stratford  doesn't have much of a chance. Penalties and turnovers will kill them.

You can argue that Stratford should have one last time they played. They've only gotten better. I still think CPA wins but wouldn't be surprised if Stratford did.

What does "should have won" mean? I saw the game and you could also argue CPA "should have won" by a bigger score. CPA played Stratford at Stratford after a murderer's row first 5 games of the season and they were very beat up. CPA has also gotten better and healthier, and they have been there before - Stratford hasn't. I will add I love seeing how Stratford has turned that program around after several years of struggle. CPA and Stratford have had a very great relationship over the last few years on and off the field, and CPA pulls for their success - except for this week, of course.

I will point out to everyone that this is year one for Coach Fitzgerald at Stratford.  If he sticks with it a couple of years and brings in players like you know he will, Stratford will be a force. They are 8-3 with kids that have not been coached up before this year.

I know current admin is definitely pro football (and definitely anti-every other sport). Coach will get the support he needs as long as that stays the same. However, with no leadership in place on Bransford, nobody knows what will be coming down the road.