Fairview vs Stratford

FvHSJackets9

That's also true. I think it'll be a fun and competitive game and like I said before I expect CPA to win.

I will point out to everyone that this is year one for Coach Fitzgerald at Stratford.  If he sticks with it a couple of years and brings in players like you know he will, Stratford will be a force. They are 8-3 with kids that have not been coached up before this year.

I know current admin is definitely pro football (and definitely anti-every other sport). Coach will get the support he needs as long as that stays the same. However, with no leadership in place on Bransford, nobody knows what will be coming down the road.

Coach Fitzgerald is the key to the turnaround, and he has always been a good coach. They are on the way up quickly, and I am glad.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Tennessean

CLASS 3A

STRATFORD (8-3) AT CPA (10-1)

When: Friday, 7 p.m.

Stratford probably feels like it let one slip away after its regular-season matchup with Christ Presbyterian Academy, but the Spartans, who are coming off a 39-0 rout of Fairview, will have another shot at the defending Class 3A champion Lions. CPA, winners in 25 of its last 26, faced a 12-3 halftime deficit during the Oct. 2 meeting before  outscoring the Spartans 31-6 in the second half. Class 3A Mr. Football Back of the Year semifinalist Zack Weatherly leads a potent Lions offense, which has eclipsed the 40-point mark in each of its last four wins. Stratford quarterback Josh Trueheart has thrown for 475 yards and seven touchdowns passes in wins over Greenbrier and Fairview.

Murph’s pick: Stratford 24, CPA 21

Brown’s pick: CPA 28, Stratford 21

From the Tennessean

CLASS 3A

STRATFORD (8-3) AT CPA (10-1)

When: Friday, 7 p.m.

Stratford probably feels like it let one slip away after its regular-season matchup with Christ Presbyterian Academy, but the Spartans, who are coming off a 39-0 rout of Fairview, will have another shot at the defending Class 3A champion Lions. CPA, winners in 25 of its last 26, faced a 12-3 halftime deficit during the Oct. 2 meeting before  outscoring the Spartans 31-6 in the second half. Class 3A Mr. Football Back of the Year semifinalist Zack Weatherly leads a potent Lions offense, which has eclipsed the 40-point mark in each of its last four wins. Stratford quarterback Josh Trueheart has thrown for 475 yards and seven touchdowns passes in wins over Greenbrier and Fairview.

Murph’s pick: Stratford 24, CPA 21

Brown’s pick: CPA 28, Stratford 21

Stratford may win, but consider this: CPA has lost 5 games in the last 5 years, and 4 of those losses CPA was the underdog. They have lost one game in the last 5 years that they were favored in-Ensworth this year. Again, they may lose, but you can't make a livin' betting against them.

Stratford just has to avoid doing the silly things that put them in bad situations at times. They need to cut out the offsides penalties, the personal foul penalties, and the procedure penalties. I've seen every Stratford game on film from this season and every game they seem to get in an illegal formation and try to run a play. I've said they are loaded and have a shot but to beat a team like CPA you cannot do "silly" things and expect to be successful.