Blackman apologizes to Warren County for sign

Blaze45

You have the game of football, everyone knows it's tough. You have bad kids that want to play, mediocre kids that want to play and good kids that want to play. The bad kids have great reinforcement from their all-American parents feeding them "you're the best son" "my son is an all star" realistically they're not good at all, now think about a team that has mostly all mediocre to bad kids.... We shouldn't feel bad for a team just because they're *less fortunate, they knew what they're getting into.... It's not all roses and dandelions in this sport. Trash talking is a part of the game, get used to it.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

I'm one of the biggest supporters of the Warren County football team there is, the TEAM, the kids playing and the coaches. Some of the parents make me absolutely sick to my stomach. None of the players I've spoken to really cared about the sign. It was a few moms, who have future NFL All Pros on the team (just ask them) that got offended. It's part of sports to trash talk, players,coaches and MOST fans understand this. I would be willing to bet that these same parents were at p/t conferences this week complaining that just because Little Johnny didn't turn all his homework he doesn't deserve that D instead it should be a B so it won't hurt his self esteem. Makes me sick that's the state of political correctness our country is becoming

Simple math using football players.... You have the game of football, everyone knows it's tough. You have bad kids that want to play, mediocre kids that want to play and good kids that want to play. The bad kids have great reinforcement from their all-American parents feeding them "you're the best son" "my son is an all star" realistically they're not good at all, now think about a team that has mostly all mediocre to bad kids.... We shouldn't feel bad for a team just because they're *less fortunate, they knew what they're getting into.... It's not all roses and dandelions in this sport. Trash talking is a part of the game, get used to it.

I guess I am lost where the simple math comes into play here? Blackman certainly is not a bunch of bad kids, with all american parents spoon feeding them, nor is Warren county a bunch of mediocre to bad kids. If that is your belief about either team you are terribly misguided. It is very simple Your season and success is a direct reflection of the investment made by the team and the coaches as a whole from pee-wee league on up. Sometimes your investment wasn't as deep as the guy across the ball from you and you get beat. People will say some stuff that hurts for the rest of your life.  You can either cower and hide in the corner hoping the sentiment goes away or you work to change it.

Edited by Blaze45

I played for Warren County in the 70's and all the schools including us did much worse. The only thing that would have happened is that our coach would have used that sign as motivation for all of the next year. We would have walked on broken glass wanting to get them back on the field the next season. That parent, whoever it was, in the words of the immortal Jack Nicholson "You can't handle the truth!" Blackman, you guys are a heck of a team and the old football guys in WC wish you much success in the playoffs.

I'm one of the biggest supporters of the Warren County football team there is, the TEAM, the kids playing and the coaches. Some of the parents make me absolutely sick to my stomach. None of the players I've spoken to really cared about the sign. It was a few moms, who have future NFL All Pros on the team (just ask them) that got offended. It's part of sports to trash talk, players,coaches and MOST fans understand this. I would be willing to bet that these same parents were at p/t conferences this week complaining that just because Little Johnny didn't turn all his homework he doesn't deserve that D instead it should be a B so it won't hurt his self esteem. Makes me sick that's the state of political correctness our country is becoming

You have always had good post and seem to be pretty level headed... thank goodness someone understands this happens at a lot of games and no one calls the media crying foul.I hope ya'lls seanon has some positive to grab onto and build on

I played for Warren County in the 70's and all the schools including us did much worse. The only thing that would have happened is that our coach would have used that sign as motivation for all of the next year. We would have walked on broken glass wanting to get them back on the field the next season. That parent, whoever it was, in the words of the immortal Jack Nicholson "You can't handle the truth!" Blackman, you guys are a heck of a team and the old football guys in WC wish you much success in the playoffs.

Much obliged... I agree sometimes that serves as the best motivator, One ofu old coaches would slap your helmet and dog cuss you if you were messing up, in front of God and everybody. No parents running on the field ... He was the same coach that took a can of gas night before our biggest rivalry game and burned the other school initials in 50 on the field He called the entire team out of class that friday morning and then told us that they did it and read a "letter said we were all oilfield trash and they were going to dominate us" Needless to say that was all the motivation we needed. 

I guess I am lost where the simple math comes into play here? Blackman certainly is not a bunch of bad kids, with all american parents spoon feeding them, nor is Warren county a bunch of mediocre to bad kids. If that is your belief about either team you are terribly misguided. It is very simple Your season and success is a direct reflection of the investment made by the team and the coaches as a whole from pee-wee league on up. Sometimes your investment wasn't as deep as the guy across the ball from you and you get beat. People will say some stuff that hurts for the rest of your life. You can either cower and hide in the corner hoping the sentiment goes away or you work to change it.

It's the realistic side of things, WC fits the description.

I'm born and raised in Warren County. The sign was just a sign, the football players didn't even know about it to the parents complained.  Our parents say its "disrespecful", "not good sportsmanship" etc.. But its ok for our parents to get on social media and talk about how bad THEY THINK our coaches and administration are. Calling them out by name. I'm embarrassed more by our parents mouth and disrespect toward our staff and administration than our record the last few years. They don't understand little Timmy is not as good as mom and dad thinks he is. Its always the coach's fault EVERY YEAR. They say our coach is just here for the paycheck, they have no idea how much his supplement is. Trust me not worth any coach's time. They coach because they care about out kids, not a freaking $5,000+ supplement. Coach's and staff don't let the negative parents stop you from doing what you do, coach and teach our young men. RANT OVER!!!!!

You have always had good post and seem to be pretty level headed... thank goodness someone understands this happens at a lot of games and no one calls the media crying foul.I hope ya'lls seanon has some positive to grab onto and build on

I not sure that anyone has suggested calling the TSSA or the media was reasonable.

I have suggested that over reacting to an over reaction is just as silly.

I'm born and raised in Warren County. The sign was just a sign, the football players didn't even know about it to the parents complained.  Our parents say its "disrespecful", "not good sportsmanship" etc.. But its ok for our parents to get on social media and talk about how bad THEY THINK our coaches and administration are. Calling them out by name. I'm embarrassed more by our parents mouth and disrespect toward our staff and administration than our record the last few years. They don't understand little Timmy is not as good as mom and dad thinks he is. Its always the coach's fault EVERY YEAR. They say our coach is just here for the paycheck, they have no idea how much his supplement is. Trust me not worth any coach's time. They coach because they care about out kids, not a freaking $5,000+ supplement. Coach's and staff don't let the negative parents stop you from doing what you do, coach and teach our young men. RANT OVER!!!!!

For as much time as a Coach has to put in and all the time they spend away from their family  putting up with the parents who know more abou the sport than they do and kids who have been told the coach is just out to get them  $5000.00 doesn't touch the headache. 

Times have changed.I remember when DB's cheerleaders ,band students "whoever" sent a tape  " supposedly" with cheers and band music telling us at Greeneville how they were going to kick our azz and what a crap school we were.I don't know who made it but I do know it was played all week for players to hear. You know what, the coaches used it for motivation .If your wondering,DB still kicked our azz  .Those things are nothing like what I seen as a  player on the road in the 70's at a couple places.We had black players get down on the floor of the bus as we  got to one town.I still remember thinking,what the hail.It didn't take long to see they had good reason.During the game, grown men are standing behind us drinking liquor and cursing us and trying to pick a fight and calling us "N" lovers .One of their bastrd sons spit in my face and another bit me during the game.I got some good shots in but when it came time to leave and rocks were being thrown at the bus, my black friends had some company on the bus floor.Now,that's something to complain about.A player from the generation ahead of me said that was nothing,you should have seen our coach walk over and knock out one of their fans .Someone gave him a knife when the brawl started in case their fans got passed us during the fight !

Edited by BatmanDB