Final 1A and 2A Polls

TheAmbassador

Curious...how far outside of the 1A top 10 would y'all put HC at this point?

If HC defeats JB this weekend, would that put us in the top 10 in anyone's (unofficial) book?

IMO, JB should have fallen out after losing at home last week. And yes I think HC is a vlear cut top 10 team if they beat JB this week. I think Fayetteville SP and HC are all worthy of that 8, 9, 10 spots.

If HC defeats JB this weekend, would that put us in the top 10 in anyone's (unofficial) book?

After this week you may be able to have a legit reason but u better beat them Worse than Monterey did cause I know several more Wildcats besides Wayne county that would love a crack at that top 10!!!

From The Tennessean (sorry if this is a repeat)

CLASS 1A

DarkhorseWayne County (10-0) — The Wildcats will by no means have an easy path this postseason. They’ll need to beat powers Nashville Christian and Union City just to reach the championship, but led by Preston Rice they’ve outscored their opponents 416-99.

Players to watch

Daniel Bituli, LB, Nashville Christian â€” Bituli, a Tennessee commitment, has 46 tackles, four fumble recoveries and 3.5 sacks, leading an Eagles defense that’s allowing just 10.2 points per game; Taylor Thompson, WR, Columbia Academy â€” Thompson has 50 receptions for 1,023 yards and 14 touchdowns; Mikey Chennault, FB, Jo Byrns (1,038 yards rushing, 11 TDs); Mareio McGraw, RB, Nashville Christian (685 all-purpose yards, 13 total TDs); Thomas Garrison, Columbia Academy (808 total yards, 13 TDs); Connor Thomas, RB, Clarksville Academy (1,259 total yards, 25 TDs); Preston Rice, QB, Wayne County (2,111 total yards, 32 TDs).

First-round matchup to watchTrousdale County (7-3) at Huntingdon (9-1) — Aside from its 27-12 Week 9 loss to Wayne County, Huntingdon has been unstoppable, scoring at least 42 points in each of its nine wins. But Trousdale County, which finished third in Region 5-1A, just might be capable of pulling off an upset.

Collision courseUnion City at Nashville Christian, semifinals (Nov. 27).

Noteworthy: Unlike the previous three seasons, Nashville Christian and Columbia Academy are on opposite sides of the bracket, and, therefore won’t meet this postseason unless it is in the Class 1A championship game on Dec. 4. That’s good news for the Bulldogs, who suffered season-ending defeats to the NCS in 2012, 2013 and 2014.

BlueCross Bowl predictions:

Joyce: Union City over Columbia Academy

Murphy: Union City over Columbia Academy

Brown: Union City over Columbia Academy

IMO, JB should have fallen out after losing at home last week. And yes I think HC is a vlear cut top 10 team if they beat JB this week. I think Fayetteville SP and HC are all worthy of that 8, 9, 10 spots.

15th to 20th

Agree with this! Know of too many teams that could compete for that 10th spot!

You are correct.

I appreciate all this feedback! I know there are a lot of good teams out there with which I am not yet familiar. Cool to hear some informed perspective on where we might rank.