Oak Ridge basketball

SweetScience

Just my opinion...or looked tired the second half! Those turnovers in that one span were not even forced

I've thought we looked tired myself the past few games. We have played a lot of games and have done a lot of traveling this year. Bahamas, Arby's, and now all the way to Memphis. Not making excuses, Cordova was definitely the better team, and although our schedule will be good for us in the long run, doing all that traveling wears on you. We have played a lot of games. 

Congrats to Oak Ridge...You will NEVER get better by beating Creampuffs...Just teaches Bad Habits and kills teams toughness. High School Coaches should take a page out of Oak Ridges playbook as far as playing solid competition. Coach Green has done a GREAT JOB challenging his kids, guarantee it pays off when it really counts. To many coaches chasing the "W" instead of preparing their kids. Hats off to Coach Green and Oak Ridge Basketball

Congrats to Oak Ridge...You will NEVER get better by beating Creampuffs...Just teaches Bad Habits and kills teams toughness. High School Coaches should take a page out of Oak Ridges playbook as far as playing solid competition. Coach Green has done a GREAT JOB challenging his kids, guarantee it pays off when it really counts. To many coaches chasing the "W" instead of preparing their kids. Hats off to Coach Green and Oak Ridge Basketball

Thanks a bunch HQ and I agree 100%. I think every East TN team should make a trip to the West every year just to get a feel for what it's like playing against that type of competition week in and week out. That #10 ranking they have is also a joke. No way 9 teams in this state are better than Cordova, especially some of the ones (including us) that are ranked ahead of them. The competition some of the teams that are ahead of them play pales in comparison to the schedule they play. That's why HS basketball rankings IMO are a joke.

Thanks a bunch HQ and I agree 100%. I think every East TN team should make a trip to the West every year just to get a feel for what it's like playing against that type of competition week in and week out. That #10 ranking they have is also a joke. No way 9 teams in this state are better than Cordova, especially some of the ones (including us) that are ranked ahead of them. The competition some of the teams that are ahead of them play pales in comparison to the schedule they play. That's why HS basketball rankings IMO are a joke.

I agree...You are who your schedule says you are, if you play a lot of weak teams then your Coach thinks your weak and send a BAD MESSAGE to your players. The Problem is that a Lot of people believe because they beat Single A comp and Bad 3A Teams that they are Good, its Comical, the old saying "They don't know what they don't know" rings very true. False confidence is far worse than knowing the truth and understanding your weakness. Some folks just DONT GET IT, COMPETITION AND COMPETITIVENESS ALWAYS MATTERS. If you are NOT battle tested the chance of winning against solid teams with good coaching is Slim to None

I agree...You are who your schedule says you are, if you play a lot of weak teams then your Coach thinks your weak and send a BAD MESSAGE to your players. The Problem is that a Lot of people believe because they beat Single A comp and Bad 3A Teams that they are Good, its Comical, the old saying "They don't know what they don't know" rings very true. False confidence is far worse than knowing the truth and understanding your weakness. Some folks just DONT GET IT, COMPETITION AND COMPETITIVENESS ALWAYS MATTERS. If you are NOT battle tested the chance of winning against solid teams with good coaching is Slim to None

Agreed!

Cordova is ranked 5 in the AAA shelby county dandy dozen. East, Germantown, and Whitehaven are ranked ahead of them also Dll CBHS.

Doesn't mean they're better, with the exception of East I'd say they could play with or beat any of those teams. Rankings are silly, which was proven today. Most of those teams out there are so evenly matched. Any of them could win on any given night for the most part.

Edited by SweetScience