Oak Ridge basketball

SweetScience

It will be.

East just beat Bentonville, AR last night. The pushed, shoved, and grabbed Malik Monk enough to keep him out of rhythm. But they have a lot of weapons on the offensive end.

lol Heck yea they did. Will have to clean that up outside of Memphis because those Boro refs call the game waaaaayyyy much tighter than the 901.

lol Heck yea they did. Will have to clean that up outside of Memphis because those Boro refs call the game waaaaayyyy much tighter than the 901.

They didn't start the game on him that way. Then after a few baskets the philosophy changed. 

East is good enough that they don't have to do those things. I think it was because of who he was. And they knew he could get 50 like he did on Arlington.

Edited by warmachine7954

We are missing our big guy we had at state last year who gave East heck, as well. Although it was his own fault why he isn't there anymore, but he was a big loss, no two ways about it.

Yes, if u go back and look, early on in this thread, I said if Middleton could finish the season OR had a chance to win the gold ball. He is as gifted a big guy as they come. 6-7 with the wing span of a 7-2 guy. He was the best player on the floor vs Memphis East last year, period.

At this point, I still believe OR WILL represent east TN at the Borough. Their just too talented for the rest of these teams. Gotta take care of the ball!!!! As for winning the whole thing? It'll be about the draw. As strong as Memphis is, heck, east may not make out of their.

I've watched them play for years and they'll straighten up the little things before February. To me it's mental lapse that they go through for a few minutes, u know, miss a layup, then foul a guy 80 ft from the basket kinda stuff. They'll be ok.

Yes, if u go back and look, early on in this thread, I said if Middleton could finish the season OR had a chance to win the gold ball. He is as gifted a big guy as they come. 6-7 with the wing span of a 7-2 guy. He was the best player on the floor vs Memphis East last year, period.

At this point, I still believe OR WILL represent east TN at the Borough. Their just too talented for the rest of these teams. Gotta take care of the ball!!!! As for winning the whole thing? It'll be about the draw. As strong as Memphis is, heck, east may not make out of their.

I've watched them play for years and they'll straighten up the little things before February. To me it's mental lapse that they go through for a few minutes, u know, miss a layup, then foul a guy 80 ft from the basket kinda stuff. They'll be ok.

Yeah Darel dominated the glass in that game. He was the reason we came back in that game. He was playing so good so far this year too before he was dismissed. He was averaging close to a double double. Tough loss, but we still have some really good talent even if we do lack size down low. Like a guy said earlier anything can happen at state. 2 years ago we made it to the finals and lost by 2 in the championship game with a 6'4"- 6'5" Center in Isaac Merian. Just never know how the cookie will crumble.

The size advantage had nothing to do with it I was at the OR and Cordova game they killed us with guard play 5'8 5'9 guards killed us we couldn't guard them then panic at the end it's not the bigs that give them trouble it's guards good guards kill them they can't defend them that's what they need to work on is defense

Ok finally home and can use my computer. That cellphone wasn't working good in a packed gym. I was really impressed with OR, especially that first half Higgins had. His corner 3 was money. Like I said earlier, they looked gassed in the second half! Playing without a D-1 commit, Cordova still looked impressive. OR pretty much handed them the game though with those unforced turnovers in the third.

Agreed. It was the first time this year I got to see OR play. I think they will make a hard run in the late season. Cordova looked really good. If they play better with the D-1 commit be hard to handle.

Oak ridge should be in the district with maryville west and bearden they would probably still beat those teams pretty bad sometimes but it would be better competition better players in that district, this district there in is to easy it's about to be another year where they wont lose in there district they'll have that one game that's close like against halls last year then the rest will be blowouts

The size advantage had nothing to do with it I was at the OR and Cordova game they killed us with guard play 5'8 5'9 guards killed us we couldn't guard them then panic at the end it's not the bigs that give them trouble it's guards good guards kill them they can't defend them that's what they need to work on is defense

maybe we might have a chance against or then. lol

Oak ridge should be in the district with maryville west and bearden they would probably still beat those teams pretty bad sometimes but it would be better competition better players in that district, this district there in is to easy it's about to be another year where they wont lose in there district they'll have that one game that's close like against halls last year then the rest will be blowouts

I, along with 8 other teams second this motion!!! Get out of here!!! It's ridiculous.