Oak Ridge basketball

SweetScience

Doesn't mean they're better, with the exception of East I'd say they could play with or beat any of those teams. Rankings are silly, which was proven today. Most of those teams out there are so evenly matched. Any of them could win on any given night for the most part.

Yea I agree. Throw in Arlington and someone won't be making it to the Boro. 

Ok finally home and can use my computer. That cellphone wasn't working good in a packed gym. I was really impressed with OR, especially that first half Higgins had. His corner 3 was money. Like I said earlier, they looked gassed in the second half! Playing without a D-1 commit, Cordova still looked impressive. OR pretty much handed them the game though with those unforced turnovers in the third.

I agree...You are who your schedule says you are, if you play a lot of weak teams then your Coach thinks your weak and send a BAD MESSAGE to your players. The Problem is that a Lot of people believe because they beat Single A comp and Bad 3A Teams that they are Good, its Comical, the old saying "They don't know what they don't know" rings very true. False confidence is far worse than knowing the truth and understanding your weakness. Some folks just DONT GET IT, COMPETITION AND COMPETITIVENESS ALWAYS MATTERS. If you are NOT battle tested the chance of winning against solid teams with good coaching is Slim to None

I agree with everything you said to be the best you should play the best, but on occasion you do have teams that have a difficult time finding teams that will play them so they play who is willing. I believe you play teams that will get you ready for tournament time.

Doesn't mean they're better, with the exception of East I'd say they could play with or beat any of those teams. Rankings are silly, which was proven today. Most of those teams out there are so evenly matched. Any of them could win on any given night for the most part.

I was not saying that Oak Ridge is not worthy. I know that you all have a very good team and very good coaching. I was really referencing the bias of state rankings. Gonna be a lot of fun come tourney time. East at Da Haven tuesday night. Better get there early!!!

I was not saying that Oak Ridge is not worthy. I know that you all have a very good team and very good coaching. I was really referencing the bias of state rankings. Gonna be a lot of fun come tourney time. East at Da Haven tuesday night. Better get there early!!!

Oh, I know you didn't mean that DannyQ, no worries. I was just looking at some of the scores based on those teams you mentioned, and most of the common opponents they have played the scores were very similar. I know you can't really go by that analogy because it's all about matchups, but I wouldn't be surprised if any of those teams you mentioned beat the other to get to the glass house. As I was saying, with most of those Memphis teams their is a lot of parody going on. With the exception of East, they are a head above the rest IMO.

Edited by SweetScience

Oh, I know you didn't mean that DannyQ, no worries. I was just looking at some of the scores based on those teams you mentioned, and most of the common opponents they have played the scores were very similar. I know you can't really go by that analogy because it's all about matchups, but I wouldn't be surprised if any of those teams you mentioned beat the other to get to the glass house. As I was saying, with most of those Memphis teams their is a lot of parody going on. With the exception of East, they are a head above the rest IMO.

I think East may be in trouble tuesday at Da Haven!

Cordova was missing a D-1 commit? Most rankings are bad, but the Dandy Dozen is usually accurate. It's Shelby County guys ranking Shelby County. Memphis is next level hoops!

Yea 6-8 Murray State signee Jalen Dupree couldn't play because of an ejection in Friday's night game...