Mr. Football Semifinalists Announced

TheAmbassador

Well there is West TN sports writers for us! No East players had a chance. Josh Silvey of GB had the numbers and I guarantee you if you ask anybody that played him or has seen him play are scratching their head right now. I would put money on him beating the 2 Westies that made the cut! I don't care where they are going to college. Just ask somebody that was a part of his 33 tackles for loss or 15 sacks how he punishes people. No love for a kid from the East!

To be honest, Silvey didn't dominate Region 2-A this season. He got more attention by his dirty play. I wasn't shocked that he wasn't a finalist. He is a good player, but not one of the best in the state. Too many times this season (mostly film I've watched and the time I seen him play in person) he got washed out of a play. He is a very explosive defensive player with very good athletic ability for his size, but he is not a dominator that can control the line of scrimmage. The Stewart kid from Coalfield that the Greenback fans have been hating on, was a player that controlled the line of scrimmage on defense and teams had to game plan for him. No comparison, Stewart is head and shoulders better than the Silvey kid. IMHO.

Edited by EastTennesseeExpert

We must have s different opinion of dominance. I rarely saw out of Stewart what I have seen all year from Silvey. There was another linemen from Coalfield who was much more effective on GB than Stewart was. His # may have been 59 or 79. He gave the lineman much more of a problem than Stewart. It's the mean streak down Silvey that gives him the edge and the speed. Stewart is an O lineman in college too slow for D. Just IMHO

We must have s different opinion of dominance. I rarely saw out of Stewart what I have seen all year from Silvey. There was another linemen from Coalfield who was much more effective on GB than Stewart was. His # may have been 59 or 79. He gave the lineman much more of a problem than Stewart. It's the mean streak down Silvey that gives him the edge and the speed. Stewart is an O lineman in college too slow for D. Just IMHO

Silvey probably has a meaner streak than Stewart (hence the stomping on heads, the cheap shots and dirty play). Silvey is faster. But, like I said, teams had to scheme against Stewart on defense. Silvey gets washed out of too many plays (a combination of technique and too aggressive). Stewart is going to be an offensive lineman in the SEC. I'm not sure that Silvey will play anything above Division III as a small defensive lineman.

• 2 weeks later...