Mr. Football Semifinalists Announced

TheAmbassador

I totally agree. I would be surprised if he isnt getting some looks from big programs next year.

I know his bro n the coaching staff in Murray KY @ Murray State are going to start recruiting him this coming summer/fall. I also know Carson Newman is seriously wanting him and that was from this past summer. He wont lack any opportunities! Preston is a great kid too.

Weakley County Press- BREAKING SPORTS NEWS — Dresser Winn made the cut.The standout Dresden quarterback was named one of two finalists for the Tennessee Titans Class 1A Mr. Football Back of the Year Award today.Wayne County QB Preston Rice is the other finalist for the prestigious honor that is based on regular season play.The winner will be announced Nov. 30 at ceremonies at Nissan Stadium in NashvilleWinn threw for more than 2,000 yards and 32 touchdowns with only five interceptions in leading the Lions to a 9-1 regular season.Both Dresden and WC will play in the state quarterfinals this week.Union City linebacker Jamison Blackwell and University of Tennessee commitment Daniel Bituli were named finalists for the Class 1A Lineman of the Year Award.Tuesday’s Press will have more details and a full recap of the weekend Weakley County sports scene.

Weakley County Press- BREAKING SPORTS NEWS — Dresser Winn made the cut.The standout Dresden quarterback was named one of two finalists for the Tennessee Titans Class 1A Mr. Football Back of the Year Award today.Wayne County QB Preston Rice is the other finalist for the prestigious honor that is based on regular season play.The winner will be announced Nov. 30 at ceremonies at Nissan Stadium in NashvilleWinn threw for more than 2,000 yards and 32 touchdowns with only five interceptions in leading the Lions to a 9-1 regular season.Both Dresden and WC will play in the state quarterfinals this week.Union City linebacker Jamison Blackwell and University of Tennessee commitment Daniel Bituli were named finalists for the Class 1A Lineman of the Year Award.Tuesday’s Press will have more details and a full recap of the weekend Weakley County sports scene.

I need Winn's rushing stats and TDs....ANYBODY know where I can find those?????

Well there is West TN sports writers for us! No East players had a chance. Josh Silvey of GB had the numbers and I guarantee you if you ask anybody that played him or has seen him play are scratching their head right now. I would put money on him beating the 2 Westies that made the cut! I don't care where they are going to college. Just ask somebody that was a part of his 33 tackles for loss or 15 sacks how he punishes people. No love for a kid from the East!

Well there is West TN sports writers for us! No East players had a chance. Josh Silvey of GB had the numbers and I guarantee you if you ask anybody that played him or has seen him play are scratching their head right now. I would put money on him beating the 2 Westies that made the cut! I don't care where they are going to college. Just ask somebody that was a part of his 33 tackles for loss or 15 sacks how he punishes people. No love for a kid from the East!

I figured Josh would get the shaft, hate it for him tho...hopefully he will use this as motivation an work even harder and be even better next year. The finalists really were no surprise to me...one a Tennessee commitment and the other from a school that has been highly talked about all season. The Tennessee commitment will be Mr. Football, just for that reason...same type situation for the Lineman award happened last year as well.

Edited by cherokean

The Tennessee commitment will be Mr. Football, just for that reason...same type situation for the Lineman award happened last year as well.

I've seen him play every game for 4 years now. He's terrible and doesn't deserve the 20+ D1 scholarships or Mr. Football nomination (dripping with sarcasm). I'll pass your sentiments on to Butch and Urban Meyer (who is still coming after him hard). You should be ashamed of your comment. Are you an adult or a junior high kid?