Mr. Football Semifinalists Announced

TheAmbassador

Another question to ask would be, what IF Rice and Winn had played as many quarters as Wilkes? How much better would their numbers be? It's not really a fair analysis when you have one finalist who has played the whole season while the other 2 have played half a season if not less. I'm just making conversation. Not taking anything away from anyone at all!

I was about to say the same thing. The same could be said for someone without any help. No disrespect toward Wilkes at all because I've personally seen him play & he is special but would his numbers be what they are if he did have help & Lake County wasn't so one dimensional?

I was about to say the same thing. The same could be said for someone without any help. No disrespect toward Wilkes at all because I've personally seen him play & he is special but would his numbers be what they are if he did have help & Lake County wasn't so one dimensional?

Read my post above>Did these other players have to also play defense or have the luxury of sitting,Again.Wilkes could have had 3000 yards had the coach chose to do so.Look at the Greenfield score.Scored 74 points in the game.60 was at the half.Same for Fulton co.Could have ran for a lot more against Gleason.Humboldt is the only game where Wiles had to really carry theload with the qb out and a receiver having quti also and LC only having about 20 players.

Bigger your argument could have had more yards if played full games could be made by WC and dresden as well so that is irrelevant. However I do think LC numbers more impressive based on no help and everyone focusing on him. I do think your and horses analogy if you swapped players around ,LC numbers get even better with the real lines and support and other 2 kids probably go down. With that said Winn and rice their mvp and has been shown in WC case their supporting cast not stellar but avg with out him, same for dresden if you look at last year without winn

If you'll go back and look at some of my posts you'll see that in some games Lake Co shut Wilkes down or didnt run him at all.That when they had the quarterback and other receiver.For instance,against Fulton Co and Greenfield.Had about 60 points at the half and he had over 200 yards.Coach could have let him get 500 yards had he wanted.Also in week 7 against Gleason.Lake Co winning by about 24 points going in the last quarter.Wilkes had around 250 yards.Quarterback Johnson,which was his last game had runs if about 50 and 60 yards.Thought Wilkes would have been getting the ball at that time,knowing he may be a Mr.Football candidate.But the coach didnt run him.A player gets close to 200 yards against Union City he earned his yards.And he did.Union City hit him hard.Sometimes a yard or 2.Sometimes 4.Hit hard.Got back up and ran for 70 yards..Read the other posts about someone thinks he's better than a kid now playing at Bama.Wilkes is all LC had.Not saying the others dont deserve it as well .Winn is a great athlete.Could Rice have big numbers at Lake Co playing with the receivers we had?But as far as playing every down every game,that's not what happened.Coach isnt going to have 60 points against Greenfield at the half and Wilkes over 200 yards and try to score 90 points,Lake Co had a quarterback then that started running the ball and he put Ismail in the game running some.I can promise you that if Rice had played against Union City,Trenton and Dresden,his numbers would have been down.We're talking about backs having a great year with a thousand yards or averaging a hundred yards a game and here is a guy that averaged 230 yards a game and had to play defense as well.Did the others also start on defense or did they have enough players to have the luxury to sit them down.Or at least give them a break late in the games.

I don't believe Rice numbers would have been down if he played those schools. Actually think the numbers would have been better. That's just my honest opinion. I can't speak on the part of Wilkes because I haven't seen him play. I've seen both Rice and Winn.

Read my post above>Did these other players have to also play defense or have the luxury of sitting,Again.Wilkes could have had 3000 yards had the coach chose to do so.Look at the Greenfield score.Scored 74 points in the game.60 was at the half.Same for Fulton co.Could have ran for a lot more against Gleason.Humboldt is the only game where Wiles had to really carry theload with the qb out and a receiver having quti also and LC only having about 20 players.

As I said, I'm not disrespecting Wilkes at all & in all honesty I'd love to see him win because Winn still has next year. I'm just saying, when you play on a team that is structured around you & you're basically all they have, you do stand out as a superstar. Dresden has a lot of talent around Winn so he doesn't stand out quite like Wilkes does & his numbers obviously aren't anywhere close to Wilkes because he has a lot of help. Dresden actually has another back I could actually see in the running for Mr Football as well next year that does play both sides of the ball if he continues to do big things.

As I said, I'm not disrespecting Wilkes at all & in all honesty I'd love to see him win because Winn still has next year. I'm just saying, when you play on a team that is structured around you & you're basically all they have, you do stand out as a superstar. Dresden has a lot of talent around Winn so he doesn't stand out quite like Wilkes does & his numbers obviously aren't anywhere close to Wilkes because he has a lot of help. Dresden actually has another back I could actually see in the running for Mr Football as well next year that does play both sides of the ball if he continues to do big things.

I agree.Dresden wont be stopped next year.Hate having to play them.No matter what happens,congrats to all of them.Out of here till Monday.

that's what make his numbers so impressive.he's the only thing lake co has and every team that plays lake co knows it.and they still can't stop him. Edited by horse

I was not saying Wilkes should be penalized fr being on a 5-5 team. I was saying IF TSSAA does this awaed anything like NCAA does with the Heisman then it would hurt his chances.

The young man from Lake County has some off the charts rushing numbers. I would really like to know his FULL stats. Like Passing, Receiving and Special Teams but have yet to get those..

Some stats I got on the 4 Mr. Football finalists for 1A Back...

#5 P.Rice - QB (Wayne Co.-JR)

Pass: 77-110  1630 yds  26 TDs 2 INTs 21.1 avg

Rush: 58 rush  481yds  6TDs  8.3 avg

#3 D.Winn - QB (Dresden-JR)

Pass: 107-148  2074 yds  32 TDs  5 INTs  20.5 avg

Rush: 418 yds

#4 S.Wilkes - RB (Lake Co,-SR)

Rush: 223 rush  2346 yds  34 TDs  10.5 avg

#1 T.Thompson - WR (Columbia Academy-SR)

Receiving: 50 rec  1023 yds  14TDs  20.5 avg

Rush: 212 yds  8 TDs

Some stats I got on the 4 Mr. Football finalists for 1A Back...

#5 P.Rice - QB (Wayne Co.-JR)

Pass: 77-110 1630 yds 26 TDs 2 INTs 21.1 avg

Rush: 58 rush 481yds 6TDs 8.3 avg

#3 D.Winn - QB (Dresden-JR)

Pass: 107-148 2074 yds 32 TDs 5 INTs 20.5 avg

Rush: 418 yds

#4 S.Wilkes - RB (Lake Co,-SR)

Rush: 223 rush 2346 yds 34 TDs 10.5 avg

#1 T.Thompson - WR (Columbia Academy-SR)

Receiving: 50 rec 1023 yds 14TDs 20.5 avg

Rush: 212 yds 8 TDs

when a running back has more yards rushing than a qb has passing yds.give him the trophy.and it don't matter how many qts they played.