Round 2 South Pittsburg vs Fayetteville (Grider vs This Palmer Man)

TheAmbassador

good post. How will SP stack up against CA?

If SP gets the same offensive line play as last night, you will have no problem running on CA. Your biggest problem will be getting your secondary ready to contain CAS Garrison and Thompson. If your secondary gives them the same cushion they gave our receivers last night, CA will light it up and you will wind up in a shootout. Defensively,you should have the speed and discipline to contain their running game. That should be the game to watch next week - my son and I have already talked about making the trip back across the mountain to watch that one. I do believe the winner will be playing for the gold ball in a couple weeks, and if SP can finishe the next 2 games with the same intensity as last night, it will be SP.

good post Kkeele! Much respect for what y'all are building at Fayetteville and best of luck to your program in the future!

Thanks! We hope to see y'all again next year - only we plan to make next years matchup come a week later, in round 3. We are only losing 5 seniors this year, and our core will be returning. Maybe next year we can come in with that same intensity SP had last night. Again, my hats off to your boys - that appeared to be a completely different team from the one I saw in some of the early season scout film. They are definitely going to be a force to be reckoned with next year.

If SP gets the same offensive line play as last night, you will have no problem running on CA. Your biggest problem will be getting your secondary ready to contain CAS Garrison and Thompson. If your secondary gives them the same cushion they gave our receivers last night, CA will light it up and you will wind up in a shootout. Defensively,you should have the speed and discipline to contain their running game. That should be the game to watch next week - my son and I have already talked about making the trip back across the mountain to watch that one. I do believe the winner will be playing for the gold ball in a couple weeks, and if SP can finishe the next 2 games with the same intensity as last night, it will be SP.

SP is definitely going to have to find away to stop CA passing game

Not taking anything away from SP, but I just watched the SP/FHS game, and I don't know where they went, but that is not the same Fayetteville team that played CA and FRA. Missed tackles, lunging, bad reads. Maybe they were intimidated by the SP venue like CA was in '12. Maybe coach had a bad scouting report. Anyhow, congratulations to FHS. I think they had a great season. And congrats to SP on a near flawless game. We are headed your way!

Not taking anything away from SP, but I just watched the SP/FHS game, and I don't know where they went, but that is not the same Fayetteville team that played CA and FRA. Missed tackles, lunging, bad reads. Maybe they were intimidated by the SP venue like CA was in '12. Maybe coach had a bad scouting report. Anyhow, congratulations to FHS. I think they had a great season. And congrats to SP on a near flawless game. We are headed your way!

I think that was the same Fayetteville team just were overmatched in the trenches and overmatched in the speed department nothing against Fayetteville I honestly think Sp was that much better

SP is definitely going to have to find away to stop CA passing game

Listen up fellers, Old Pirate has mostly had a wait & see approach to this young Pirate team. Now that theys become somewhat veterans, figure it's time to come forward with a HEEP more praise. SP folkes have witnessed a very young team with The Captain spear heading the assault. This bunch appears to be full of pee & vinegar. Now us old pirates knows theys a HEEP aways from being what SSPF (Spoiled South Pittsburg Folkes) now expect. But........they have a good amount of grit & gun powered. This Old Pirate was a right proud watching this bunch earhole them Tigers. All that said, look for the Pirates to be looking to earhole some CA players Friday night. Recon, them folkes from over the mtn top gots to know why it is called the "Speedway". Fer you youngons that read this, get to work come Monday!

Whitwell's line was better than Fayetteville.

I wasn't at the game but I too have posted like you in the past and it took me years to realize that it was the same team you know and saw, only issue is the opposing team blew them up so badly it appeared a different team showed up. Gotta give credit to the opposing team for man handling the team you know.

The difference was that SP pressured on defense and blew up plays in our backfield, and tackled. Not arm tackled.

Defense is key this late in the season.... S.P. sounds like they done exactly what I knew Fayetteville needed to do but couldn't or just simply didn't.

Stacking the box simply isn't bringing pressure. Gotta run blitz a team like S.P. with fingers crossed cause they will burn you anyway if you don't.

Thanks for the answers to the Pirates that answered my burning question.:thumb:

Varo and kkeele, Congrats to your Tigers on a great season this year. Only getting better year by year. :thumb:

Edited by Big Bigby