Boyd Buchanan Vs Tyner II. The sequel

orangeslice13

Storyline from the CTFP

TYNER RAMS (8-3) at BOYD-BUCHANAN BUCCANEERS (11-0)

Stars: Boyd-Buchanan quarterback Cooper Hodge averages about 10 passes but also 74 rushing yards per game. Senior E.J. Matthews leads the Buccaneers with 1,184 rushing yards and 17 touchdowns this season, while Isaiah Dillard has 12 touchdowns. On defense, Boyd-Buchanan sophomore Will Watkins has 107 tackles and two interceptions. Tyner RB Shannon Spralls has 832 yards and 13 touchdowns in nine games, and he's complemented by Chaysen Patrick and Brandon Jackson, who have combined for more than 1,100 yards and 12 touchdowns. With an average of 21.3 yards per catch, Juwan Samuels is the primary target in Tyner's passing attack.

Storyline: Tyner insists this game won't be like last time. First of all, the Rams have returned to full strength in the weeks since Boyd-Buchanan started them on a three-game slide with a 40-7 whipping in September. Also, seniors insist they're not ready for their season to end. The same can be said for the Bucs, of course. They reached the Class 2A semifinals in 2012 with a team that won 12 games. A win tonight matches that number, and a run to the state-title game would result in at least 14 wins this year. A perfect 15-0 record for Boyd-Buchanan would result in a shiny trophy.

Boyd has had a great season. You guys deserve a lot of credit. I believe your game tonight will be a four quarter battle. I stand by my prediction of Boyd by 7 this week. Beating multiple teams twice in one season is very hard to do. We did it once in the past and it's no easy feat. As for next week? We will discuss that in the morning if my prediction holds.

Boyd has had a great season. You guys deserve a lot of credit. I believe your game tonight will be a four quarter battle. I stand by my prediction of Boyd by 7 this week. Beating multiple teams twice in one season is very hard to do. We did it once in the past and it's no easy feat. As for next week? We will discuss that in the morning if my prediction holds.

So if Tyner were to win this evening, you'd be picking Tyner to beat Marion County? Based on the fact that it's very difficult to beat a good team twice in one year.that of course assumes that Marion County gets by Forest.