Upperman vs Notre Dame Round 2

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good game Notre Dame. You guys beat us pretty easily. It made me realize how slow our region is. Good luck on the rest of the way.

thanks Crow......U basically had no answer......was obvious yall had some play makers; but they were not in the trenches .....and that freed up Ballard to pound up the middle and Darras to sit back in the pocket and throw it; though we struggle at times with our young guys catching it.....Enos had another highlight night......#21 is a beast and we want replace him anytime soon

there is no way a school with the structure and facilities should have a field in that condition....Can see Baxter with a turf field sometime in the near future....those are some nice structures to educate some kids in

Booger just sayin 

thanks Crow......U basically had no answer......was obvious yall had some play makers; but they were not in the trenches .....and that freed up Ballard to pound up the middle and Darras to sit back in the pocket and throw it; though we struggle at times with our young guys catching it.....Enos had another highlight night......#21 is a beast and we want replace him anytime soon

there is no way a school with the structure and facilities should have a field in that condition....Can see Baxter with a turf field sometime in the near future....those are some nice structures to educate some kids in

Booger just sayin

problem is that in Putnam, no money is spent on extra ciricular activities. No budget for sports at all other than what each booster program can eaise themselves. They build nice schools, but throw up a football field at minimum cost and put the burden on upgrades to the parents. Sad but true.

problem is that in Putnam, no money is spent on extra ciricular activities. No budget for sports at all other than what each booster program can eaise themselves. They build nice schools, but throw up a football field at minimum cost and put the burden on upgrades to the parents. Sad but true.

Copy and paste into the Cookeville thread you big whining baby.

Alex Darras was insane last night......that QB got some game; not only is that arm working; he got wheels too.....and he boots a 51 yd field goal on top of it.......and speaking of wheels; Ballard was wearing out the middle....he obviously is likin him some contact these days

Charles Fant is a Coachin Machine

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

OL from UH is pretty good. Left side is huge, Left Tackle is the best lineman in the area by far in my opinion. Right side is undersized by very tough and quick. All the games I have seen, the line has done well protecting Watts. When teams blitzed and left wr one on one, he would burn the with his arm, or slip by the pressure and burn them running.

Heard the Left Tackle and Left Guard were named All-Region today.  Not sure if the guard went in as an OL or DL.  He was one of the better DE's as well.

Unfortunately you are absolutely right UCM.

The field conditions at both Cookeville & Upperman are deplorable.

Trust me the Superintendent knows this, and as a former player at both Cookeville High & TTU he wants to fix it.

They're still trying to find a way to put Field Turf at all 3 Putnam County high schools.

In fact, the original plan was to build Monterey High's new field with Field Turf, but when they started having cost overruns that was the first thing they cut.

So it is being worked on, and may even be approved by the school board at some point.

Getting full approval of the county commission would be the hard part as usual.

Edited by THE SQUAD

Unfortunately you are absolutely right UCM.

The field conditions at both Cookeville & Upperman are deplorable.

Trust me the Superintendent knows this, and as a former player at both Cookeville High & TTU he wants to fix it.

They're still trying to find a way to put Field Turf at all 3 Putnam County high schools.

In fact, the original plan was to build Monterey High's new field with Field Turf, but when they started having cost overruns that was the first thing they cut.

So it is being worked on, and may even be approved by the school board at some point.

Getting full approval of the county commission would be the hard part as usual.

I will give them this much the press box and stands at Monterey are looking Awesome!!! I would love to see turf on our field! If i could post a pic on here i would cause i have to say its better than anything i have seen in last 2 years except ttu!!! lets just hope the field itself turns out as nice as stands and press box!!!

I will give them this much the press box and stands at Monterey are looking Awesome!!! I would love to see turf on our field! If i could post a pic on here i would cause i have to say its better than anything i have seen in last 2 years except ttu!!! lets just hope the field itself turns out as nice as stands and press box!!!

Good. Y'all deserve a nice stadium up on the mountain.

Post a pic if you ever get where you can.

Maybe one day all 3 schools will have turf.

Edited by THE SQUAD