William Blount football 2016

Governm

There's only a little over a month left until spring practice. I'm hearing the Govs still have 90+ in workouts and they are working hard. I can't wait to see how the Govs look in spring scrimmages.

I remember how great they looked last year against the likes of powerhouse Cleveland! I believe that was the stepping stone that lead to such a great year for the GOVS! Good luck to the GOVS this coming season! I hope they can build upon the great success that was last season!

SHAD!!

I remember how great they looked last year against the likes of powerhouse Cleveland! I believe that was the stepping stone that lead to such a great year for the GOVS! Good luck to the GOVS this coming season! I hope they can build upon the great success that was last season!

SHAD!!

SHAD!!

SHAD!!

I'll go ahead and eat my crow now. I expected the Govs to be a lot better than they were last year. Mostly because I knew what kind of success Shad had at other schools, but the lack of conditioning and depth really got exposed in the 2nd half of games last year. The Govs dressed 48 players on Friday nights last year and Shad did not get the job until right before spring practice, so the old regime was in charge of the winter workouts. This year Shad has been over  the workouts and I saw some of the football players at the basketball games and a lot of those guys have definitely bulked up.  The Govs have 90+ in workouts (about double the number of players we had dressed last year) and Shad is wearing them out in the weight room. I'd say the Govs will be in a better position to compete for 4 Qtrs this year.

Shad is a master at getting a conditiong program that works in place... they will be able to play all 4 qtrs and have depth to boot..I know this will be a much better season. Go Govs!

Some of the boys have already made big gains in the weight room. I'm talking 15+ pounds of muscle. It will be interesting to see how much we improve this season. Edited by Governors91

Some of the boys have already made big gains in the weight room. I'm talking 15+ pounds of muscle. It will be interesting to see how much we improve this season.

Keep the faith... its easy to love a winner... I know you guys are on the right track. 

Edited by Blaze45