William Blount football 2016

Governm

Not Riverdale but DB for sure if they offer. Greener pastures. Does anyone seriously believe that Shad wants to finish out his coaching career at William Blount? Nick Saban couldn't get WB turned around.

That was really funny. But WB has won before, If Meadows can do it, I'm sure someone else can as well but it will take work and time. It will also take building good relationships with ALL the middle school programs and being very involved with the kids at those schools starting in the 6th grade.

Do you really think he would want to go to Riverdale? Their fanbase is a bunch of psychos. They were railing against their coach after upsetting a really good Bradley Central team on the road in the first round. I think the cons outweigh the rewards of coaching at a high profile school. The fans at schools like Riverdale, Dobyns-Bennett, or Oak Ridge are psychos. Stanton Stevens got death threats from OR fans when he was coaching there. Coaches won't have to deal with that kind of crap at WB. If a coach stays here and wins 5+ games every year he will be the man and everyone will be happy.

Let's not forget the posts after the science hill game. Do you really think fans will be happy with 5 wins after a coach comes in and predicts a home playoff game in year 1?

Let's not forget the posts after the science hill game. Do you really think fans will be happy with 5 wins after a coach comes in and predicts a home playoff game in year 1?

That's why I say that I don't think Shad realized exactly what he was getting into when he took this job.  He probably really believed he could get them to a home playoff game, then reality set in.  I don't see 5+ wins any time soon. 

That's why I say that I don't think Shad realized exactly what he was getting into when he took this job. He probably really believed he could get them to a home playoff game, then reality set in. I don't see 5+ wins any time soon.

Well lets be real here. Bearden and Jeff Co each won 1 game in 2014, Those teams ended up being much better this year. And before the season Hardin Valley lost their starting QB and another key starter on offense and defense for the season. They ended up not missing a beat either. Those games looked like probable wins before the season and you also thought there was a Chance we upset somebody else and that would have been enough to get us a home playoff game. So its easy to see why Shad and others thought we could possibly host a playoff game this year. I can tell you that the Govs will return their QB and their best offensive skill players next year and we will have more numbers and depth. I will be shocked if we don't win atleast 4 games next year. If we can't win 4 games next year than you can say building WB back into a winning program is impossible.

Well lets be real here. Bearden and Jeff Co each won 1 game in 2014, Those teams ended up being much better this year. And before the season Hardin Valley lost their starting QB and another key starter on offense and defense for the season. They ended up not missing a beat either. Those games looked like probable wins before the season and you also thought there was a Chance we upset somebody else and that would have been enough to get us a home playoff game. So its easy to see why Shad and others thought we could possibly host a playoff game this year. I can tell you that the Govs will return their QB and their best offensive skill players next year and we will have more numbers and depth. I will be shocked if we don't win atleast 4 games next year. If we can't win 4 games next year than you can say building WB back into a winning program is impossible.

If that be the case Pokey's won't have to put as many flies on your all's playoff shirt next year.4h3yog.jpg Each fly represented a loss during the season. I think that is Maryville's Fly on the top if I'm not mistaken.