William Blount football 2016

Governm

The city limits will reach out by the time little Jr starts kindergarten. And just think, he'll have me to prepare those nutritious meals everyday for him. I'll teach him the Rebel Fight Song and how to dance to Horse.

Carpenters and WB will both be inside the city by the time lil 91 gets to high school. WB's fence touches the city now.

I do not fault Maryville or Alcoa at all. Kids want to go there and their parents want to send them there. But at the same time its not WB's or Heritage's fault that we have two state title machines right down the road. And it affects our ability to rebuild. Someone recently said that there are no players from WB on Maryville's team that could win us another game and I have to disagree. 1 or 2 good players can make a difference. It could mean that one less kid is playing both ways for example. Like I said, I don't fault Maryville or Alcoa at all. It's the kids and parents wanting to go to those schools. Its no secret that its harder to rebuild when you are losing bricks to the neighbors.

im glad to hear you say that because i would have to question your sanity. But you say that you dont blame them and then turn right around and do it. This is exactly why I dont care of any other team wins a game or not. If it doesnt have an M it i could careless. Its the belief and buy in. Obviously that is something that you fail to understand, its work not just a saying.

Maryville's 3rd string would probably beat heritage's 1st string by a TD. So yes there are plenty of kids at Maryville that could help the county schools win ball games.

Maryville actually has more students than heritage according to the TSSAA count last year when they were making the new regions. Just because you have a lot of students doesn't mean there are any actual football players. If the student section is represenative of the rest of the student body, then there aren't many ball players walking the halls either.

Ok , do we get a trophy for causing all of this destruction? I get some dads together and we will go to GQ and see if he can cut out a section of his players and send them out to the county.

Someone recently said that there are no players from WB on Maryville's team that could win us another game and I have to disagree. 1 or 2 good players can make a difference. It could mean that one less kid is playing both ways for example.

That was me. I used to be right there with you 91. After drinking the kook aid, I changed my mind. I have only saw wb briefly the past several years. A few players (even 4-5) would allow wb to be better. How many more games they gonna win? That's debatable. I don't think many. Look 6-8 miles south of LA. There are some very good players on a 1A team that might have been swayed to drive 10 more minutes to school. But they didn't. Why? What does the wb football have to offer (except Govman)? What are they selling? Why should a kid spend his time and risk injury? What's the payday? New coaches every year. Coaches who play seniors because they are seniors instead of promising fresh and Sophs. May want to look at that one for the "depth building" issue. Kids playing when they never show for workouts. Parents yelling at coaches coming out of the press box at the half and following them to the locker room or chewing them out after the game. Team being forced to stand on other sideline away from parents? It really doesn't sound very appealing. Hopefully, wb now has a coach who is strong enough and willing to stick around long enough to change some of these things. A coach willing to wait for the BOE to pay for him some real help (there are acouplegood assts there now). When those issues get straightened out, and kids see something they want to be a part of, the change will occur fast. 10-20-30 more kids will want to be involved-not just the 2-5 who go to "buy the ring". IMO 10-30 kids who want to be part of something bigger will provide more wins than those 2-5 who want to be somewhere else. End of rant. Where's the kool aid? Edited by strongx