William Blount football 2016

Governm

I don't think that's blaming them. That's just stating the obvious. I know the open-zone issue is a touchy subject with Maryville and Alcoa and y'all like to say other schools are open-zone too but how many other schools win state titles every year? WB and Heritage are in a position that nobody else in the state is in because they have 2 state title caliber teams a few miles away and have to compete with them for players. The parents of good players that have the money are more likely to pay the tuition and send their kids to Maryville or Alcoa so they can win a state title because they have the option to do that. Just this year the dad of the best player on WB's middle school team took him out of the county and put him in the city schools and he said "I can't afford to send him to a 3-7 school". Stuff like that makes it harder to rebuild a struggling program. You have parents and kids that are too dang impatient and don't want to help a struggling program. They'd rather pay money to virtually guarantee themselves a gold ball. Again, that makes it harder to rebuild a program like WB or Heritage. I think that is what Shad is saying. I don't think he was trying to take a shot at Maryville or Alcoa, he was just stating the facts.

Very well said 91. I think this perfectly explains the issues the county schools face without offending the others.

I don't think that's blaming them. That's just stating the obvious. I know the open-zone issue is a touchy subject with Maryville and Alcoa and y'all like to say other schools are open-zone too but how many other schools win state titles every year? WB and Heritage are in a position that nobody else in the state is in because they have 2 state title caliber teams a few miles away and have to compete with them for players. The parents of good players that have the money are more likely to pay the tuition and send their kids to Maryville or Alcoa so they can win a state title because they have the option to do that. Just this year the dad of the best player on WB's middle school team took him out of the county and put him in the city schools and he said "I can't afford to send him to a 3-7 school". Stuff like that makes it harder to rebuild a struggling program. You have parents and kids that are too dang impatient and don't want to help a struggling program. They'd rather pay money to virtually guarantee themselves a gold ball. Again, that makes it harder to rebuild a program like WB or Heritage. I think that is what Shad is saying. I don't think he was trying to take a shot at Maryville or Alcoa, he was just stating the facts.

give me a freaking break. As long as you wb folks lean on that crutch you will be 3 -7 at best. You cant blame your problems on other schools. If one kid leaving hurts your program that bad then you have bigger problems and yall do. You have to change your culture man. Its not touchy its just bull💩. Name us some players that you think ought to be at willy be. ? Let me put it this way, if you had a 13 yo son and he was a good player and had the potential to be a great player would you regulate him in mediocrity on a habitually 3-7 team or move him to a successful program. Be honest

give me a freaking break. As long as you wb folks lean on that crutch you will be 3 -7 at best. You cant blame your problems on other schools. If one kid leaving hurts your program that bad then you have bigger problems and yall do. You have to change your culture man. Its not touchy its just bull💩. Name us some players that you think ought to be at willy be. ? Let me put it this way, if you had a 13 yo son and he was a good player and had the potential to be a great player would you regulate him in mediocrity on a habitually 3-7 team or move him to a successful program. Be honest

I think a lack of players plays a huge role in the current status of the county teams, and I think it obvious that a large number of players and parents make the decision to go to maryville or Alcoa even if they are zoned for the county.

Losing just a handful of players can kill a team like heritage or WB. It causes each school to have a lack of depth which reduces the level of competition at practice. Looking at the county schools compared to the city schools, the county schools had about 40 players each dressed out, but maryville on the other hand had close to 100. That's more depth and more competition for playing time, which only makes everyone better.

High school football games are won with the jimmys and joes not the X's and O's. Maryville and Alcoa have world class coaching staffs but they also have the jimmys and joes. The county schools on the other hand dont have the players to compete.

I think a lack of players plays a huge role in the current status of the county teams, and I think it obvious that a large number of players and parents make the decision to go to maryville or Alcoa even if they are zoned for the county.

Losing just a handful of players can kill a team like heritage or WB. It causes each school to have a lack of depth which reduces the level of competition at practice. Looking at the county schools compared to the city schools, the county schools had about 40 players each dressed out, but maryville on the other hand had close to 100. That's more depth and more competition for playing time, which only makes everyone better.

High school football games are won with the jimmys and joes not the X's and O's. Maryville and Alcoa have world class coaching staffs but they also have the jimmys and joes. The county schools on the other hand dont have the players to compete.

so there are 40 - 50 players on Maryvilles team that should be on wb or heritages team.? Do you believe that Maryville H S just lets whoever wants to come and write a check in the school system? Wb and hhs have more students then Maryville does there are plenty of kids walking the halls. I pay city and county taxes and i could send my kids to wb or hhs but that isnt gonna happen. I mean heck the system has been changed and many teams are now getting a free playoff game so what needs to be done now?

I do not fault Maryville or Alcoa at all. Kids want to go there and their parents want to send them there. But at the same time its not WB's or Heritage's fault that we have two state title machines right down the road. And it affects our ability to rebuild. Someone recently said that there are no players from WB on Maryville's team that could win us another game and I have to disagree. 1 or 2 good players can make a difference. It could mean that one less kid is playing both ways for example. Like I said, I don't fault Maryville or Alcoa at all. It's the kids and parents wanting to go to those schools. Its no secret that its harder to rebuild when you are losing bricks to the neighbors. Edited by Governors91

I do not fault Maryville or Alcoa at all. Kids want to go there and their parents want to send them there. But at the same time its not WB's or Heritage's fault that we have two state title machines right down the road. And it affects our ability to rebuild. Someone recently said that there are no players from WB on Maryville's team that could win us another game and I have to disagree. 1 or 2 good players can make a difference. It could mean that one less kid is playing both ways for example. Like I said, I don't fault Maryville or Alcoa at all. It's the kids and parents wanting to those schools and it makes it more challenging to rebuild when you are losing bricks to the neighbors.

How many days till the Jamboree?

I do not fault Maryville or Alcoa at all. Kids want to go there and their parents want to send them there. But at the same time its not WB's or Heritage's fault that we have two state title machines right down the road. And it affects our ability to rebuild. Someone recently said that there are no players from WB on Maryville's team that could win us another game and I have to disagree. 1 or 2 good players can make a difference. It could mean that one less kid is playing both ways for example. Like I said, I don't fault Maryville or Alcoa at all. It's the kids and parents wanting to go to those schools. Its no secret that its harder to rebuild when you are losing bricks to the neighbors.

#BRICKBYBRICK