District 9-A

ecu

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone knock off Community?

Community will be senior heavy this year and they didn't really lose anyone. With that being said Huntland will be much improved this year and could possibly beat them and be the team to beat this year. Moore county took them to triple overtime last year and also lost by a couple in the district playoffs. MTCS lost a few players but will still have a couple of the best guards in the district. Forrest lost a lot of seniors but Still have Yost. While Community is the most complete team, I think they could lose two district gams this season. Not to mention that two 9A teams should be playing for the region championship as well. Community is a great team but I think some of the other teams in the district have grown up a little and will be able to compete this year. Furthermore, Community's margin of victory has gotten smaller over the last two years and if that trend holds true they will be beatable.

• 2 weeks later...

1 Community

2 Huntland

3 Moore Co

4 Eagleville

5 Forrest

6 MTCS

7 Fayetteville

Don't be shocked if Eagleville is a team that pulls an upset in the district tourney. They are a senior laden team. Think Community will be our representative in Murfreesboro once again.

MTCS didn't look good when I saw them this summer, hence their low ranking. But, I could easily see them end up 2 or 3.

1 Community

2 Huntland

3 Moore Co

4 Eagleville

5 Forrest

6 MTCS

7 Fayetteville

Don't be shocked if Eagleville is a team that pulls an upset in the district tourney. They are a senior laden team. Think Community will be our representative in Murfreesboro once again.

MTCS didn't look good when I saw them this summer, hence their low ranking. But, I could easily see them end up 2 or 3.

Wow, cannot believe MTCS is so low. I think the upset will come against community this year. Seniors have away of playing tight in their last tournament. Can 9A conceivably send 2 teams to the state tourney? 9 A is going to be great to watch this year.

Changing my prediction a little.

1. Community

2. Huntland

3. MTCS

4. Moore

5. Eagleville

6. Forrest

7. Fayetteville

Eagleville is playing better this year and it seems it is going to take time for Forrest to adjust to most of their offense running through Yost.  Forrest lost a lot of seniors last year, but Yost has the talent to carry the team. 

This has to be the toughest A district in the state. Six teams are very good and only one team that is weak. Community is the best but they can be beat on any given night by the other five. Here is my prediction:

1. Community

2. Moore Co.

3. MTCS

4. Forrest

5. Huntland

6. Eagleville

7. Fayetteville City

The only one I really feel confident about is Community. All of the rest 2-6 could easily be switched around. What a great tournament this should be.Two really good teams are not going to advance.

This has to be the toughest A district in the state. Six teams are very good and only one team that is weak. Community is the best but they can be beat on any given night by the other five. Here is my prediction:

1. Community

2. Moore Co.

3. MTCS

4. Forrest

5. Huntland

6. Eagleville

7. Fayetteville City

The only one I really feel confident about is Community. All of the rest 2-6 could easily be switched around. What a great tournament this should be.Two really good teams are not going to advance.

If Moore doesn't figure out that defense is the other half of the game, and the more important half they will be 5th or 6th. Gave up 40+ to Franklin Co the other night by halftime. Was not impressed with their effort as a team. They played a team out of Alabama the other day that most middle school teams would beat. I just hope they will be ready for 9A at this point.