Round 2 - Lexington at North Side

TheRedMan

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be nice for a full house to be there.

In 2012, North Side always had a great crowd. We played 9 home games and filled up the home side in 7 of those games and had a few people leaning on the fences. Since 2012, the crowd has dimensioned a little year by year. Now, it's tough for NS (a school that has over 1,300 students) to fill up the stadium. However, if the weather is good on Friday, I do expect a sell out. 

In 2012, North Side always had a great crowd. We played 9 home games and filled up the home side in 7 of those games and had a few people leaning on the fences. Since 2012, the crowd has dimensioned a little year by year. Now, it's tough for NS (a school that has over 1,300 students) to fill up the stadium. However, if the weather is good on Friday, I do expect a sell out. 

There are certain rivalries that are good for West TN football. This is one of them. Hopefully it'll stick for a while.

If NS has 1300 students they're playing in the wrong class

I thought they were just over 800

Dhs you haven't given your opinion on who wins it. What are your thoughts on who wins and why?

To me it's 50/50...NS is the more talented team...but they can just as easily implode...the Indians ceiling is ridiculously high...but they rarely play well enough to reach it...they are the better team on paper

Lexington is physical...won't turn the ball over...won't be penalized into bad situations...run it down ur throat and then run it some more...it's beautiful, and very frustrating for an opponent

If both teams bring their A games, I take NS...any other version on said scenario and I take Lexington...NS B game vs lexington B game, taking Lexington...the Tigers can have a bad night and still win ball games...NS doesn't have that luxury...Indians D is fantastic, but that O cost them a quarterfinal birth last year...

Gona take NS 21-20...bc I want to believe both teams will play their best...at least I hope so...but I will congratulate either team upon the win and wish them the best next week against Hardin co

To me it's 50/50...NS is the more talented team...but they can just as easily implode...the Indians ceiling is ridiculously high...but they rarely play well enough to reach it...they are the better team on paper

Lexington is physical...won't turn the ball over...won't be penalized into bad situations...run it down ur throat and then run it some more...it's beautiful, and very frustrating for an opponent

If both teams bring their A games, I take NS...any other version on said scenario and I take Lexington...NS B game vs lexington B game, taking Lexington...the Tigers can have a bad night and still win ball games...NS doesn't have that luxury...Indians D is fantastic, but that O cost them a quarterfinal birth last year...

Gona take NS 21-20...bc I want to believe both teams will play their best...at least I hope so...but I will congratulate either team upon the win and wish them the best next week against Hardin co

That's fair enough. I hope Lexington is fortunate enough to beat a good team twice in North Side. I know they are itching for a rematch against Hardin County. I'm not so sure Hardin County is going to get a win against Memphis east.I hope they do maybe it will quiet them boys in Memphis down. At first they were all riding ridgeway's coat tails all the way to Cookeville. They were giving Lexington no chance. Now that they are out of the picture everyone is jumping back on the east bandwagon. They give region seven no respect. They better recognize and come ready to play against Hardin or they will be running home with their tails tucked between their legs making excuses the whole way.

people better quit doubting lexington. this bunch is really good!

I was starting to think I was the only one drinking the koolaid. From what I've seen in the last month I honestly believe Lexington is the better team and should win this game. They are hitting their stride at the right time. I think they will be focused and ready. We will see Friday night if that's the case.

Edited by LHSallstatekicker

This game is a toss up.  Its athletes versus the grind.  North Side played horrible in their first meeting.  This young team is better now.  Will they be good enough?  I think they will win by two scores.  28-14 is my prediction.   NS defense is very good.  They hold them to 2 scores, they win.  

Edited by TheRedMan