Round 2 - Lexington at North Side

TheRedMan

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got Lexington by 7. Going off of last night they are pumped up and ready to play.

Im sure North Side will be pretty flat in this game since its at Home, while they try to avenge their only district loss in a game they played terrible in, and the opportunity to advance in the playoffs!  SMH.  Thats not a why, but thanks for posting.  Im sure North Side wants this rematch.  Lexington is not the better team and Im sure NSHS wants to prove it so Im sure they will be pretty "pumped" too!

Edited by TheRedMan

Im sure North Side will be pretty flat in this game since its at Home, while they try to avenge their only district loss in a game they played terrible in, and the opportunity to advance in the playoffs! SMH. Thats not a why, but thanks for posting. Im sure North Side wants this rematch. Lexington is not the better team and Im sure NSHS wants to prove it so Im sure they will be pretty "pumped" too!

How is Lexington not the better team? Northside has more talent, but Lexington is the better TEAM! I do expect this game to be closer than the first time around. I'll say 28-21 Lexington.

I remember a few years ago...the last time Liberty and Lexington played...Liberty lost the regular season game...something like 11 fumbles and another 5 bad snaps...basically 16 times the ball hit the ground for Liberty mostly pre contact...and all we heard was how they were all 'forced'...that was funny to me...was also funny that Lexington couldn't get a running clock until maybe 2 or 3 minutes to go in the game bc our D was pretty good...I believe I called it 'an act of God'

So we meet again in the playoffs...no fumbles or bad snaps this time...Liberty wins I think 42-14...

Everyone seems to agree that NS killed themselves with penalties...have u grown enough to prevent those mistakes??? are u truly the better team??? Was that a once in a lifetime poor performance??? We will find out

Both teams are playing very well

I remember a few years ago...the last time Liberty and Lexington played...Liberty lost the regular season game...something like 11 fumbles and another 5 bad snaps...basically 16 times the ball hit the ground for Liberty mostly pre contact...and all we heard was how they were all 'forced'...that was funny to me...was also funny that Lexington couldn't get a running clock until maybe 2 or 3 minutes to go in the game bc our D was pretty good...I believe I called it 'an act of God'

So we meet again in the playoffs...no fumbles or bad snaps this time...Liberty wins I think 42-14...

Everyone seems to agree that NS killed themselves with penalties...have u grown enough to prevent those mistakes??? are u truly the better team??? Was that a once in a lifetime poor performance??? We will find out

Both teams are playing very well

I remember this. It was one heck of a turn around for Liberty. It was actually 42-18. I'm not sure if that's any better. I don't think that will be the case here. I'm expecting a very close hard fought game. Lexington's defense has impressed me lately even against Ridgeway's speed. 

someone did this a few weeks ago for the haywood/NS game

rate these catagories 1-5...5 being best

offense

defense

special teams

coaching

discipline

something to that nature...was very interesting...maybe those of u more familiar with the teams could work it up for us

I'm Not going to speak on behalf of North Side. I will give you a break down of how i see lexington in these categories.

Offense: When lexington runs the ball most of the time we are getting positive yards. They run hard and downhill. The passing game is coming together, but is not where it needs to be. If we keep Tisdale in the backfield we will put points on the board. I will give the offense a 4.

Defense: Lexington's defense is on the ball quick. They get good penetration off the line. If North Side can get to the outside they can make big gains. I don't think North Side will have much luck trying to run up the middle. Lexington's pass defense has struggled in the past but are getting better. I also give the defense a solid 4.

Special teams: This is where it gets interesting. Lexington has a great kicker and can get the ball in the end zone most of the time. When he can't get the ball in the end zone is when things go wrong. If North Side gets the opportunity to return the kickoff i would almost bet they are getting to at least the 30 yard line every time. He is a good punter as well, but just like kickoffs our coverage isn't great. Special teams is a 3.

Coaching: Hollingsworth is a great coach and has them boys ready every week. They put in the work every week and it shows on Friday nights. The players believe in the coaching staff and do what they are asked. They have made strides over the past 5 or 6 weeks and I believe that's in part because of coaching. Therefore coaching gets a 4.

Discipline: This is where Lexington really shines. They know what to do on each play. I haven't seen many busted plays by lexington. They protect the ball very well. They don't get unnecessary penalties. Every so often one of the guys will get antsy and jump offside. Discipline gets a strong 4.

Edited by LHSallstatekicker

I can't believe this thread is quiet and calm. This game is probably the game of the week! I expect a full house at the Reservation on Friday night. However, I do believe the game that occurred in mid-September does not matter in this game. So basically I'm not going to pick Lexington just because the Tigers won the regular season matchup. With that being said... I believe the team that has the ball last could win the game. I believe we could see a little deja vu from what happened in last years game in Henderson County. Both teams are playing great! I hate to see one team go down and the season comes to an end.

I can't believe this thread is quiet and calm. This game is probably the game of the week! I expect a full house at the Reservation on Friday night. However, I do believe the game that occurred in mid-September does not matter in this game. So basically I'm not going to pick Lexington just because the Tigers won the regular season matchup. With that being said... I believe the team that has the ball last could win the game. I believe we could see a little deja vu from what happened in last years game in Henderson County. Both teams are playing great! I hate to see one team go down and the season comes to an end.

Would be nice for a full house to be there.