RIVERDALE OAKLAND BATTLE OF THE BORO 2.O

warrior82dad

Definitely a lot of talent spread around RuCo.

We can't kid ourselves... living in a county with 300,000 people helps. 

Rutherford County is expected to exceed a half million within the next 20yrs. And with the ARMS RACE among the Rutherford County High School athletics/facilities, the talent pool will only get bigger and better. 

Not going to pretend this isn't a way for kids to get to Oakland, however transferring around the rest of Rutherford County does require an address within the zone... unlike Blount County.

Yes it does, but given the rate that the city is growing, it would be pretty easy to move to from one side of town to the other if you really wanted your kid to attend a certain school. None of the RuCo schools are hurting for talented players

And we all know the Rutherford County Address Police as doing a bang up job enforcing that!!!

I know you better have an address in the zone which you are attending school... whether it's a legitimate is questionable. I know kids who play football at Oakland who don't live in zone, kids who play girl's basketball at Riverdale who don't live in zone and kids who play boy's basketball at Siegel who don't live in zone. 

Edited by GoPats2019

I know you better have an address in the zone which you are attending school... whether it's a legitimate is questionable. I know kids who play football at Oakland who don't live in zone, kids who play girl's basketball at Riverdale who don't live in zone and kids who play boy's basketball at Siegel who don't live in zone. 

Its especially easy when you have a rich father in real estate who owns property all over the county...It all comes down to honesty and sadly many parents cross the honesty line when it comes to getting their kid to play in the school they want..

Similar to a rich restaurateur who helps those on Warrior Drive. 

Every school has financial supporters of which I am one. The problem comes in when the support only comes from parents who currently have kids in the school which my boys and the restaurateurs  of which you speak have been gone from the school for years...

Every school has financial supporters of which I am one. The problem comes in when the support only comes from parents who currently have kids in the school which my boys and the restaurateurs of which you speak have been gone from the school for years...

He's not the only one that financially supports Oakland. Plenty of others, just not in the public eye

Does this mean we have to give up the football dor..............ah............apartment complex?

You know sort of like letting a parent live IN the school, like one did a long long time ago over toward Bla.......ah..down the road.

Folks the cold hard facts of life is RECRUITNG has gone on and still does.  You know like when Sonny Grey lived in the LaVergne zone but wound up at Smyrna.

Oh, Coach Brown, 'Run the Ball', it was good to talk to you yesterday.  Those sorts of things happen when folks do NOT hide and actually have the guts to talk to and listen to the other persons views!  Its a shame more folks do not do that.