Tyner @ Marion Co.

PurplePower68

Can you be more specific for those of us who werent there Rik?

MC came out expecting Tyner to try thow the ball and screen to the edge.  The usual MC mo is to take chances with pass coverage particularly over the middle and deep in order to get pressure in the back field.  When Tyner saw MC was taking away the slants and the screens they should have run, run, run, the  read option with their QB and RB, till daddy took the T-bird away.  

Edited by rikberry

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MC came out expecting Tyner to try thow the ball and screen to the edge. The usual MC mo is to take chances with pass coverage particularly over the middle and deep in order to get pressure in the back field. When Tyner saw MC was taking away the slants and the screens they should have run, run, run, the read option with their QB and RB, till daddy took the T-bird away.

Tyner doesnt run the read option though. They would be very very dangerous running an offense similar to boyd.

dont get PC. if you're offended ignore the question

I didn't get P.C. dipstick, probably just the opposite.  I asked a straight up question.  Answer it or take your garbage somewhere else.  I have seen some of the best read option teams that were all white.  Sequatchie County had one of the best I have ever seen back in the mid-80s.  Grundy had one in the early 90s.  Ken Colquit's Marion Co. teams ran the veer like you probably never seen in the 80s and 90s and those teams had several melanin challenged players in the backfield.  

Tyner doesnt run the read option though. They would be very very dangerous running an offense similar to boyd.

You're right they probably wouldn't technically run the read option but there are a lot of teams that give that look and are not reading.  Bottom line is that MC was prime for qb or rb off tackle, traps, counter and then play action. Tyner did not recognize that till too late.

Edited by rikberry

Tyner ran the ball with success all night. Then they would do something stupid to turn the ball over. Down by 14 in the fourth they ran it and scored. MC went 3-out. Tyner got the ball with 3:30ish left down by 7. About their own 40. They came out empty backfield and quickly lost yards on a backward pass. Then threw a pick.

MC is a good team but the Tyner coaching is questionable at best.