Trenton Peabody vs. Dresden Lions

TheReaper

I'm pulling for the Lions in this game. I have some personal reasons for that. Let them Lions ROAR

You know... I can understand that. It has to be a frustrating feeling. But I said it earlier this week on the Peabody/UC thread. Peabody was distracted during the games against UC and Dresden. The team had some personal issues going on. It clearly affected our performance for both games. We weren't playing to the best of our ability. I clearly stated that we lost with no excuses for both those games due to our mistakes. Both UC and Dresden capitalized on our mistakes to win those games. Tonight Peabody did just what UC and Dresden did to us in The regular season. We capitalized on Union City's mistakes. We played a hard fought game. We earned our win tonight. It wasn't given to us due to mistakes. We still had to make big plays all through the game. So for whatever "personal reasons" you have for wanting Dresden to win is fine. We played one heck of a game tonight... Our defense was on point, and our offense held strong. I also previously mentioned that spark Peabody caught during last year's playoffs. I think we might have it again this year. I can't honestly say that we will beat Dresden this go round, but I do believe it will be a much closer game than the previous encounter!

So with all this said, I sure hope your "personal reasons" are due to a family member playing at Dresden or something along those lines (though I know it doesn't matter.) Just because we had a couple of off games doesn't mean we deserve the state championship any less. Just saying and thinking out loud. ;)

GTG I will tell you why. As we waited for the teams to leave the field and they walked through our crowd on their way back to the dressing room all of the Peabody players came through were very humble and even received congrats and comments from our fan base. You know, things like " Good game guys: Good luck. Stiff like that. Those boys just nodded and said " Thank you" Stuff like that. That is all but one player in particular. He came through yelling " the streak is over baby" we going home. The streak is over" There is absolutely zero class in that guy. None. I'm okay with losing to a good team. But this kid needs a mentor or something. I don't believe I have to call his name. I am certain you know who he is. Dispite his incredible athletic ability he is a blemish on your program. I don't like to see players like that succeed. It's a shame that the entire team has to have this type of individual giving them such a bad representation. He will be his own demise. There, I said it. I didn't want to but there it is.

You are!! I'm not even arguing with your dumb**self tonight. This will be a lot tougher game second go around, but we will handle the Tide. UC must have had some fumbling issues tonight, cause they are the only team that can stop themselves with the veer. It'll be interesting to see how that game went that way, but this matchup favors Dresden. Pat yourself on the back and move on.

Big Swo gave kudos to Peabody and the defensive scheme they brought ? Seems like Peabody stopped the Veer or slowed it down enough to win? Just saying

You know... I can understand that. It has to be a frustrating feeling. But I said it earlier this week on the Peabody/UC thread. Peabody was distracted during the games against UC and Dresden. The team had some personal issues going on. It clearly affected our performance for both games. We weren't playing to the best of our ability. I clearly stated that we lost with no excuses for both those games due to our mistakes. Both UC and Dresden capitalized on our mistakes to win those games. Tonight Peabody did just what UC and Dresden did to us in The regular season. We capitalized on Union City's mistakes. We played a hard fought game. We earned our win tonight. It wasn't given to us due to mistakes. We still had to make big plays all through the game. So for whatever "personal reasons" you have for wanting Dresden to win is fine. We played one heck of a game tonight... Our defense was on point, and our offense held strong. I also previously mentioned that spark Peabody caught during last year's playoffs. I think we might have it again this year. I can't honestly say that we will beat Dresden this go round, but I do believe it will be a much closer game than the previous encounter!

So with all this said, I sure hope your "personal reasons" are due to a family member playing at Dresden or something along those lines (though I know it doesn't matter.) Just because we had a couple of off games doesn't mean we deserve the state championship any less. Just saying and thinking out loud. ;)

I wstched as Peabody dismantled Jaaper last year and picked them to go all the way in 2015- there was a great article written about the issues Peabody was wrestling with in the season. When that cleared up you guys started clicking again it seemed like- the same as the UC game I think Peabody wins this one by inches. Not the same Peabody team Dresden seen in the regular season- Good luck to both teams! It will be a dandy for folks to watch!

Peabody did not cause a single one of our 5+ fumbles nor either of our snaps over the qb's head nor our botched extra point attempts. Everything was self inflicted. Peabody did decide to load their backfield with blocking backs which I thought was a good adjustment on their part.

GTG I will tell you why. As we waited for the teams to leave the field and they walked through our crowd on their way back to the dressing room all of the Peabody players came through were very humble and even received congrats and comments from our fan base. You know, things like " Good game guys: Good luck. Stiff like that. Those boys just nodded and said " Thank you" Stuff like that. That is all but one player in particular. He came through yelling " the streak is over baby" we going home. The streak is over" There is absolutely zero class in that guy. None. I'm okay with losing to a good team. But this kid needs a mentor or something. I don't believe I have to call his name. I am certain you know who he is. Dispite his incredible athletic ability he is a blemish on your program. I don't like to see players like that succeed. It's a shame that the entire team has to have this type of individual giving them such a bad representation. He will be his own demise. There, I said it. I didn't want to but there it is.

Fair enough reason. I can't vouch for him really. All I can chalk that up to is the sheer excitement for Peabody winning. We weren't expected to at all clearly. I think we all had a little adrenaline running through the stands and the players. Regardless though, you guys have my utmost respect!

With that being said, I still have to pull for our Tidemen next Friday. We definitely want to avenge our loss to Dresden earlier in the season. I have no doubt our Coach will make some adjustments, so we'll be ready. Roll Tide!