MEMPHIS EAST vs LEXINGTON

nmpballer

I made mention of this "phenomenon" in the Carver vs Dresden thread and it caught some off guard. The "Athletic and Undisicplined" tag is associated with "urban teams" from large city's. It's not a "Memphis" thing. It happens to all of the schools that 'fit the sterotype' that the high schools from the inner city's are generally classified as. Urban schools from Nashville, Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Birmingham, St. Louis, and etc. all face this delima. Especially when they travel to a subrban or rural setting. The ref's can't help it. They are human too. They don't do it on purpose actually, they have been programmed by society over the decades to think like this. They are good men with good intentions. Most don't even realize that they do it. They would actually be insulted if you included them in the numnber. It doesn't change the facts that it happens regulalry. IF you come from an urban program ... you just deal with it and keep on steppin. It is what it is. You just pray that it's not over the top to the point that you can't overcome it.

KWC droppin the science with a Halo over his head :popcorneater: ...  

Whoever is in Lexington (Ref Crew wise), unless it's a Memphis or Metro Nashville crew will LIKELY let 'em fly if they feel like Lexington is over matched physically. The Main issue with the "Undisciplined and Athletic" Label is the Other team doesn't get called for their Reach Block Holding on their Sweep plays or their split second late hits out of bounds, seemingly. It's like a COMPOUND problem due to that. Hopefully I'm wrong and it's a clean game (less than 10 penalties) by both teams and Memphis East pulls it out. 

KWC droppin the science with a Halo over his head :popcorneater: ...  

Whoever is in Lexington (Ref Crew wise), unless it's a Memphis or Metro Nashville crew will LIKELY let 'em fly if they feel like Lexington is over matched physically. The Main issue with the "Undisciplined and Athletic" Label is the Other team doesn't get called for their Reach Block Holding on their Sweep plays or their split second late hits out of bounds, seemingly. It's like a COMPOUND problem due to that. Hopefully I'm wrong and it's a clean game (less than 10 penalties) by both teams and Memphis East pulls it out. 

I think East can beat both teams if necessary.  They are that good when they want to be.  

I didn't realize until last week how many kids East has that play both ways. I was surprised that a Memphis team of that caliber did not platoon. Shouldn't effect them much this week since Lexington plays kids both ways too but it may become a factor down the line.

Only if a good one gets hurt.  Way too much emphasis on platooning these days.

I didn't realize until last week how many kids East has that play both ways. I was surprised that a Memphis team of that caliber did not platoon. Shouldn't effect them much this week since Lexington plays kids both ways too but it may become a factor down the line.

Whitehaven plays a few both ways. It just depends on the situation. We've always done that under the current regime. The bigger the opponent, the more you play your best at every position. When we won the state championship game in 2012, #2, #9, and #5 played both ways that game. It just depends upon the philosophy of the coaches.#2 and #9 didn't come off of the field. #5 was on the field on special teams as well. Heck, if I remember correctly, Maryville's #23 didn't come off of the field either in that game. They may have had another that stayed on the field, but him I noticed.

I said that to say, even the larger schools play people both ways. East plays more people both ways then Whitehaven because of the numbers, but, you get where I'm coming from.

Edited by kwc

The best teams going to win regardless of the officiating crew working. I have never seen a game were a call cost somebody the game they either the teams make enough plays to win or they don't it's never just the officiating crew picking on a team and for anybody on either side if you say that after this game you're just a crybaby I hope Lexington wins if they don't I'm not going to cry about it

The best teams going to win regardless of the officiating crew working. I have never seen a game were a call cost somebody the game they either the teams make enough plays to win or they don't it's never just the officiating crew picking on a team and for anybody on either side if you say that after this game you're just a crybaby I hope Lexington wins if they don't I'm not going to cry about it