Wilson Central at Whitehaven

Haven04

I do not want to hijack this thread but you bring up some very interesting points. Very much like the Mt Juliet thread in regard to coaching changes.

The chances are slim but maybe Gallatin and Whitehaven will meet up so I can try that food ya'll talk about so much at the Haven games!! kwc you are a great ambassador for Whitehaven and all of West Tn.

I appreciate your contributions to our discussion about hs football. I appreciate your kind words sir. I try my best to represent well. Sometimes I fall short, but my intentions are always honorable ... or, at least, that's what I would like to think and present to others. I enjoy this board and I like the discourse.

I see. #51 , Alex Comer is 6'-5" tall and 270 lbs. Nice pancake blocks! I also see where #4, Tyler Bowes is stout at 5'-9" and 185 lbs. I see where it says that he runs a 4.59 40 yd dash I don't doubt it because that is him pulling away from the Cordova DBs in this highlight isn't it? Impressive. I see he doesn't waste anytime in the open field ... north-south runner. You gotta love that in your dive back in the Wing-T. Then, there is #45, Jordan Hooper, running it out of the I, AND playing LB. I see he did his thin against Cordova as well. #77, Brandon Bennet has some nice size on him as well at 6'-4" and 250 lbs. Never let it be said that WC doesn't have any players.

Hooper came in and did some good things on defense the last 2 weeks as did Bowes last week.

77 and 51 have been starting on the line since they were sophomores. Hopefully you'll get to see a lot of #23. If this happens to be his last game I want him to finish well.

Yeldarb:

I haven't seen a lot of footage of WC ... just what is on HUDL, but several players stood out to me. #6 is a big DB at 6'-3" and 190 lbs. #5 is also a nice sized DB at 6'-1" and 185 lbs. Are either of those guys getting any looks from any of the colleges?

Let me correct myself. #6, Nathaniel Seat, is a 6'-4", 190 lb CORNERBACK. It would be easy to assumne that he's a safety ... but that's not the case. His mid-season HUDL highlight is pretty nice. He's a v ery good open field tackler from What I've seen on here.

#6 is a senior #5 is a junior. # 4 is the one who made Cordova give up but #45 has been very strong recently. I would say we no longer run the wing t but the last 4 weeks they have changed something every week

Yeah, I noticed you guys running out of the I with #45 doing his best John Riggins impersination against Franklin.

Edited by kwc

He does tackle well and I believe he has 4 or 5 interceptions

Yeah, I saw him get one interception in one of those highlights. He gives plenty of cushion but makes up gound with those long strides of his. 4 or 5 INTs isn't too shabby. He can catch I see. Somebody is going to have him play on Saturdays I would assume. 6'-4" tall playing CB? You got to have skills to do that at that size.

Yeah, I saw him get one interception in one of those highlights. He gives plenty of cushion but makes up gound with those long strides of his. 4 or 5 INTs isn't too shabby. He can catch I see. Somebody is going to have him play on Saturdays I would assume. 6'-4" tall playing CB? You got to have skills to do that at that size.

He made a big mistake against MJ and he has been solid ever since. Even then his mistake was a mental error. The same fake punt that they did to you all, they did to us and he didn't cover the receiver. That's really the only time I remember the coaches yelling at him this year.

Hi peeps,

Been a while since I posted, but stat guy here for WC and just thought I'd touch on a few things:

1) WC has played predominantely in the I-Formation since after their loss to Franklin in Week 7 (or Week 8, stupid Week 0 garbage). Last two weeks against Cordova and Franklin has been exclusive to the I.

2) Passing game was literally non-existent in the entire regular season, however has been so much better in the first and second rounds. Going back on my numbers (and some weeks I'm missing due to a technical glitch), but WC's QB didn't connect on consecutive completions until the postseason.

3) Running game has been battling fumbles since their 42-21 loss to McGavock which started them on a 1-5 stretch to close the season. Since then, it's been much better. However, WC has had two timely fumbles in the last two games -- both coming LITERALLY on the goal line push into the end zone. The Cordova game would have been 35-9 and the Franklin win wouldn't have come down to a last minute 2-point conversion interception.

4) Defensively, WC has been a completely different team in the postseason. I can't really explain it any other way. A team that was prone to allowing long rushes and multiple pass completions in a row has flipped the table and playing lights out (except a some momentum-built runs and extremely poor officiating against Franklin). Outside of that fourth quarter last week, they've been a defensive juggernaut.

5) On special teams, they easily have the ability to break the long return if they need to. Plus, they have a kicker who can punt the ball 55+ yards to flip the field if they need to. They've also blocked a kick in each of their playoff games so far.

This game against Whitehaven may be one of the toughest games they've played in school history. They've never been to the state semi-finals, but the confidence I've seen and heard in and among the players/staff is sky-high right now.

Mentally, they seem prepared. And this is the playoffs. Who knows what to expect, right?

Either way, I'm not looking forward to a six-hour total bus ride back and forth tomorrow, but I think it's going to be a heck of a football game.

Edited by StatManTN

6'4" CB???

I need to see what his footwork like

He's a Strong Safety playing CB because he's likely one of the better ATH on the team... His footwork is robotic. Him playing 10 yd off allows him to have a slow back pedal. I don't know how fluid his hips are. IF he plays 10 yds off, when we Need to pass we should pick up 8 yds every time, however I doubt we throw it that much. He's VERY physical and a pretty solid tackler BUT I don't know what kind of hips he got so when he sees Kerrick or #11 in the open field it could be interesting... Again, I'd love to see him on the Island. He's a solid player but he's honestly out of position.  

Hi peeps,

Been a while since I posted, but stat guy here for WC and just thought I'd touch on a few things:

1) WC has played predominantely in the I-Formation since after their loss to Franklin in Week 7 (or Week 8, stupid Week 0 garbage). Last two weeks against Cordova and Franklin has been exclusive to the I.

2) Passing game was literally non-existent in the entire regular season, however has been so much better in the first and second rounds. Going back on my numbers (and some weeks I'm missing due to a technical glitch), but WC's QB didn't connect on consecutive completions until the postseason.

3) Running game has been battling fumbles since their 42-21 loss to McGavock which started them on a 1-5 stretch to close the season. Since then, it's been much better. However, WC has had two timely fumbles in the last two games -- both coming LITERALLY on the goal line push into the end zone. The Cordova game would have been 35-9 and the Franklin win wouldn't have come down to a last minute 2-point conversion interception.

4) Defensively, WC has been a completely different team in the postseason. I can't really explain it any other way. A team that was prone to allowing long rushes and multiple pass completions in a row has flipped the table and playing lights out (except a some momentum-built runs and extremely poor officiating against Franklin). Outside of that fourth quarter last week, they've been a defensive juggernaut.

5) On special teams, they easily have the ability to break the long return if they need to. Plus, they have a kicker who can punt the ball 55+ yards to flip the field if they need to. They've also blocked a kick in each of their playoff games so far.

This game against Whitehaven may be one of the toughest games they've played in school history. They've never been to the state semi-finals, but the confidence I've seen and heard in and among the players/staff is sky-high right now.

Mentally, they seem prepared. And this is the playoffs. Who knows what to expect, right?

Either way, I'm not looking forward to a six-hour total bus ride back and forth tomorrow, but I think it's going to be a heck of a football game.

THIS STATEMENT ALONE HAS GOTTEN ME HYPED OUT MY MIND. Them boys coming to Da Haven to Win. I hope our game plans can help squelch that fire and confidence they about to bring.