Wilson Central at Whitehaven

Haven04

So its like ive been sayin. Its all about how well a team can match up is what determines if you have a chance to win....personally I dont see how WC got this far. Maybe the kid that was out may have had a impact. But WC had no one that could matchup with any of our guys...I saw #5 come up and give some good hits on D. I thought yall D may give us fits with that big front but like always by the 3rd Qtr the hands was on the hips and you could tell we wore them down with that running attack...but outside of our one knuckle head who got embarrassed by bein put on his butt and got up acting out it was a good nite. D didn't score but did get a pick...return team took up that slack. Our young soph has a nice future. He pretty fast....welp time for the rematch...can RW beat us twice is the question. ..

First let me congratulatearrow-10x10.png Wilson Central on a fine season. Your team came in and played hard the entire game. Quarter-finals is nothing to sneeze at. You guys sent Cordova AND Franklin packing.

I want to say this to  the WIlson Central fans who made the trip down to Memphis to support their team. Thanks for coming. Thanks for hanging around after the game with your team on the field giving your guys that onearrow-10x10.png last speech between coach, players, and parents. Thanks for not running off the field afterwards as if you were escaping for your lives. I'm glad you guys felt comfortable enough after the game to mill around and leave after you've talked and regrouped. You guys didn't act as if you were in fear for your lives. Again ... thanks. I hope you thought that Whitehaven was being hospitable. I walked over to the WC side and shook hands with as many of the WC parents and players as I could just to say 'Drive home safely". I had a nice conversation with the young man who was filming the game for WC from the east end zone after the game was all over and he had packed up the gear making his way back to meet with the rest of the WC folks. He was very complimentary of the Whitehaven team.

Officiating:

I don't know if #27's hit on #5 was an illegal hit. I thought it was a clean play. It was a hard hit. #27 did lower the boom on the young man ... I don't know if that was a defenseless man. I don't know if it was targeting either. I was told that the 30 yards awarded on that one play was a personal foul that was added after the hit. I was told that they thought that he pushed the young man back into the ground as he was gettingarrow-10x10.png up. I didn't see that. I was also on the other side of the field, so it would have ben hard for me to see that from where I was. Let me just say ... that's not that young man's character to do something like that. The hard hit ... yeah, what he was accused of doing afterwards ... no. Targeting is a difficult call to make because that young man saw the hit coming and was just trying to get small before #27 made impact. Heads drop in those situations.

What I want to know is ... will #27 be able to play in the2nd half of next weeks game as a result of being put out of the first half of this game. What is TSSAA's call on that?

Edited by kwc

kwc

Thank you for your hospitality. Whitehaven has a very good team and wish you the best of luck. The hit that #27 put on was a very hard hit. I feel like it was one that the officials had to call. Was he targeting, I don't think so. Our guy was lowering his head getting ready to make contact as well. It is unfortunate for your kid that he was ejected from the game, but it is the rules. I myself didn't see the extra push that you said the officials called.

As for you last question about how long he will have to set out. We had a kid ejected from a game earlier in the year, also in the 2nd qt, and he had to set out the whole next game.

First let me congratulatearrow-10x10.png Wilson Central on a fine season. Your team came in and played hard the entire game. Quarter-finals is nothing to sneeze at. You guys sent Cordova AND Franklin packing.

I want to say this to  the WIlson Central fans who made the trip down to Memphis to support their team. Thanks for coming. Thanks for hanging around after the game with your team on the field giving your guys that onearrow-10x10.png last speech between coach, players, and parents. Thanks for not running off the field afterwards as if you were escaping for your lives. I'm glad you guys felt comfortable enough after the game to mill around and leave after you've talked and regrouped. You guys didn't act as if you were in fear for your lives. Again ... thanks. I hope you thought that Whitehaven was being hospitable. I walked over to the WC side and shook hands with as many of the WC parents and players as I could just to say 'Drive home safely". I had a nice conversation with the young man who was filming the game for WC from the east end zone after the game was all over and he had packed up the gear making his way back to meet with the rest of the WC folks. He was very complimentary of the Whitehaven team.

Officiating:

I don't know if #27's hit on #5 was an illegal hit. I thought it was a clean play. It was a hard hit. #27 did lower the boom on the young man ... I don't know if that was a defenseless man. I don't know if it was targeting either. I was told that the 30 yards awarded on that one play was a personal foul that was added after the hit. I was told that they thought that he pushed the young man back into the ground as he was gettingarrow-10x10.png up. I didn't see that. I was also on the other side of the field, so it would have ben hard for me to see that from where I was. Let me just say ... that's not that young man's character to do something like that. The hard hit ... yeah, what he was accused of doing afterwards ... no. Targeting is a difficult call to make because that young man saw the hit coming and was just trying to get small before #27 made impact. Heads drop in those situations.

What I want to know is ... will #27 be able to play in the2nd half of next weeks game as a result of being put out of the first half of this game. What is TSSAA's call on that?

Thanks, we never had a reason to leave in fear because you all made us feel comfortable. Even when the kids "gathered" in the middle of the field. Your staff had it under control. It makes me sad though that it is even an issue that is noticed. I'm sure you shook my hand but you would've never connected me with my son. I am a 50 year old short fat white man and he is not...

Being in that part of Memphis brings back a lot of memories for me. I spent my summers growing up in Potts Camp MS and since there was nothing down there we made trips up Hwy 78 to by groceries and shop or even just eat at McDonalds. A lot has changed in the last 35 years though. How long has that mall right down the street been around? It seems like we used to go there but I may be wrong.

Im not sure how this rule goes. But I know that was a bogus call. He made the same hit on a WR from MJ last week and there no flags.. it was just a well timed hard hit which is what a safety is taught to do...I hope that young man is ok, but that's football. ..it was not one flag thrown when thier player ran down field and just smashed our kicker who wasn't within 40yds of their return guy who was already on the ground. You cant pick and choose who you want to protect so to speak. This rule is stupid even on the college level..this rule will have the whole team on the sidelines for a hard hit

Thanks, we never had a reason to leave in fear because you all made us feel comfortable. Even when the kids "gathered" in the middle of the field. Your staff had it under control. It makes me sad though that it is even an issue that is noticed. I'm sure you shook my hand but you would've never connected me with my son. I am a 50 year old short fat white man and he is not...

Being in that part of Memphis brings back a lot of memories for me. I spent my summers growing up in Potts Camp MS and since there was nothing down there we made trips up Hwy 78 to by groceries and shop or even just eat at McDonalds. A lot has changed in the last 35 years though. How long has that mall right down the street been around? It seems like we used to go there but I may be wrong.

The southland mall been around for at least 40 years I think. I was born in the Early 80s so I could be wrong

Officiating:

If ejected he misses the entire next game regardless of when it happened in the game.