Wilson Central at Whitehaven

Haven04

I have been on CoachT for a while, but obviously rarely ever post.  I love reading posts, agree with some, disagree with some.  KWC seems to always post good stuff.  I respect what people on here say, and everyone is entitled to their opinion.  WC is getting hot at the right time, which as a coach, is exactly what you want to happen.  Whether or not they win against an amazing Whitehaven team Friday night is not the most important thing to me, but I am a little different in the way I approach things.  The fact that this team has beaten a good Cordova team, and then went on to beat a good Franklin team that destroyed them in their first meeting is exciting stuff.  I hope they continue to believe in each other and their coaches, because when that happens, it can take a team a long ways.

Whitehaven has a great team.  I had the pleasure of sitting on their side in the state championship game a few years back with my Father-in-law and son, and we had a blast getting to watch them play.  They had lots of talent then, as they do now.  I remember hearing from some Whitehaven faithful that they were making some uncharacteristic mistakes.  That tends to happen in big games no matter how well prepared the team is, even at the highest level.  Regardless, I hope the young men from Central can keep believing in their team and let everything else take care of itself.  Best of luck to both teams Friday night.  Nobody can take away what has been accomplished thus far.

I have been on CoachT for a while, but obviously rarely ever post.  I love reading posts, agree with some, disagree with some.  KWC seems to always post good stuff.  I respect what people on here say, and everyone is entitled to their opinion.  WC is getting hot at the right time, which as a coach, is exactly what you want to happen.  Whether or not they win against an amazing Whitehaven team Friday night is not the most important thing to me, but I am a little different in the way I approach things.  The fact that this team has beaten a good Cordova team, and then went on to beat a good Franklin team that destroyed them in their first meeting is exciting stuff.  I hope they continue to believe in each other and their coaches, because when that happens, it can take a team a long ways.

Whitehaven has a great team.  I had the pleasure of sitting on their side in the state championship game a few years back with my Father-in-law and son, and we had a blast getting to watch them play.  They had lots of talent then, as they do now.  I remember hearing from some Whitehaven faithful that they were making some uncharacteristic mistakes.  That tends to happen in big games no matter how well prepared the team is, even at the highest level.  Regardless, I hope the young men from Central can keep believing in their team and let everything else take care of itself.  Best of luck to both teams Friday night.  Nobody can take away what has been accomplished thus far.

Coach Shep:

Thanks for the kind words. I just try to look at things at how I would approach things if I were a coach or a player. When WC went to Cordova and beat them by 19, that will instill some confidence in young men who may not have had it earlier. Then to turn around and beat Franklin the way that they did. You couldn't write a better script for a movie with that one. They are playing well and they are believing in each other. Man, I bet the WC coach is walking on cloud 9, just from the results of the past two weeks. Who would have thunk it?

Now they get a shot at Whitehaven. If you are a WC player and coach ... it doesn't get any better then this.

Whitehaven has gotten use to being a team that has the target on it's back. That comes from winning. All of the programs across the state that are consistently winning know what I am talking about. However, it's the players that have to deal with the pressure that come with that. This Whitehaven team has done well playing under the scrutiny that comes with those expectations. They are teenagers who have learned how to deal with high expectations and excell at doing it. I think that WC has their full attention, despite the distractions that may come along.

I hope you guys travel well and bring enough fans to fill the opposing side bleechers and let's have a good ole Friday Night Lights rockin' good time. It's the quarterfinals in high school football and there isn't another place I'd rather be on a Friday night.

Edited by kwc

Y'all have heard from the Angel side...

Now hear from the Dark Side... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Wilson Central's style of play and record sets them up for a Mercy Rule type beat down. They sound like the type team that is DONE if you can get up 17+ points at anytime during the game (Yes 1st Quarter included). They are not built to come back and likely don't have that one STUD player that can pull them back into a 3 score game. If/When Whitehaven goes up 14 points, the subsequent WC drive is crucial for both teams. If/When Whitehaven doesn't allow them to score and goes on to score 3 or 6, the game, regardless the quarter will be pretty much OV minus a Whitehaven implosion of Epic porportions.

So, in essence Whitehaven needs to play their A game but WC has to Play Above and beyond that; almost out of their minds to win. If I were still on the staff I would say these things to the boys and drive home the 'use a Sledgehammer to kill an ant' analogy and have my 1s hyped to be able to let the 2s and JV get the majority of the 2nd half action. I wouldn't threaten them with running Saturday morning if they have to play the whole game as that may make the 1s play too tight but I would say this, "our young boys deserve a chance to play in the last real home game of the season so yall go out there and take care of business."

I will be there Friday with the letterman jacket on ready to lose my voice for Da Haven.

Signed: The Darkside LOL (Read my signature)

BHS, KWC and other D'Haven fans; how do you think the Mt Juliet team you beat in 2012 would have faired against Maryville that year ? I like to think that if MJ had won at your place they would have taken Maryville.

Mt. Juliet was very good that year but unless you had a Mark Dodson or Jalen Hurd type back I can't see them beating the that Maryville team.

Yes that's true. Im not taking anything away from that team. Yall had special player. But playing against quarles is a whole other ball game...we had some of the best athletes in the state an had to go to OT with them...out everything they did to stop us they jus had No idea how to stop Mark Dodson...he couldn't be stopped even with a bad hamstring. ..yall had a great team that year, im just saying I dont think they would have won..a good game yes.