District 12 A

STownEagleReporter

Since there was no thread for the District I created one. Who finishes where. My thoughts.

1-2 will come down between Perry County and Summertown... Do not know much about the Vikings but the Eagles are returning all 5 starters from last years District Title team. With a host of young core players coming off the bench. They are led by Mckenzie Kilburn who is a Trevecca Signee.

3. Loretto- Coached by second year head coach Ashley Rutledge. They won last night by 52 against Cornersville.

4. Frank Hughes- Last years District Runner up. Not a clue about them

5. Collinwood- They graduated  3 starters.

6. Wayne County- Graduated all 5 starters from last year.

4, 5, and 6 are pretty much unknown to me so do not hold me to what I have said. Just based on what I have seen. Go Eagles.

Your top two picks look pretty good.  I would say after that the other four sports are up for grabs for the most part.  Loretto looked good the other night but that was probably due to Cornersville not looking that good.  I am still waiting to see what they really have, which we should have a better idea next week when they play Lawrence County.  I think even though Waynesboro lost a lot they still will be pretty tough then Frank Hughes.  Collinwood lost a few seniors and they also lost some younger girls that transferred or are hurt so they may have a rough time unless the others can step it up.

Considering the teams that FH has played, I think we need to wait until they play a few more games before calling them a "sleeper"

FHS lost by 1 point to Riverside High and beat Scotts Hill. Some just do not recognize small schools for their accomplishments. Nobody likes losing to FHS! Edited by tracydd3

I did not see where they played Riverdale. Was it a play day?

I recognize they beat Scotts Hill (3-3)

those 3 wins came against teams with a 5-8 record

I recognize they beat Waterloo ( who scored 12 points)

I recognize they beat Hampshire (0-3)

I am just saying that's it's a little early to pronounce them a sleeper. At least wait until district play begins.

Edited by lockdowndfense9450