District 12 A

STownEagleReporter

I think when you actually look at the records of the teams that D12 teams have played you really cant tell much. I mean most everyone's wins are against teams with a loosing record while the losses are to teams with a winning record. still too early to see how the district is going to pan out. I just don't see any team jumping out as the team to beat, yet. A lot will depend on match ups. As for Loretto, they are playing better this year than I thought they would, or at least sometimes they are. They still have several things they have to get worked out. If they do then I think they will be in the mix. If not might as well get ready for next year.

I think a lot or predictions are based on last year obviously. PC only lost a few I believe from last years team that was very good. Summertown only lost 2 role players at best from last year. Loretto lost 2 very good post players and a couple of guards I think. Collinwood lost their big post, And maybe some guards. I know Frank Hughes made so noise at the district last year and returning several a players. Wayne County is down again. These are general reviews of these teams, So we will have to wait until district play to see how everything shakes out.

I do the future for Summertown and Loretto should be bright. Summertown has 1 senior this year and will have 3 next year (only 1 that's plays consistantly). The majority of the team so comprised of sophomores, 3 start and 3 come off bench and play a lot.

I think when you actually look at the records of the teams that D12 teams have played you really cant tell much. I mean most everyone's wins are against teams with a loosing record while the losses are to teams with a winning record. still too early to see how the district is going to pan out. I just don't see any team jumping out as the team to beat, yet. A lot will depend on match ups. As for Loretto, they are playing better this year than I thought they would, or at least sometimes they are. They still have several things they have to get worked out. If they do then I think they will be in the mix. If not might as well get ready for next year.

I think a lot or predictions are based on last year obviously. PC only lost a few I believe from last years team that was very good. Summertown only lost 2 role players at best from last year. Loretto lost 2 very good post players and a couple of guards I think. Collinwood lost their big post, And maybe some guards. I know Frank Hughes made so noise at the district last year and returning several a players. Wayne County is down again. These are general reviews of these teams, So we will have to wait until district play to see how everything shakes out.

I do know the future for Summertown and Loretto should be bright. Summertown has 1 senior this year and will have 3 next year (only 1 that's plays consistantly). The majority of the team so comprised of sophomores, 3 start and 3 come off bench and play a lot.

Edited by lockdowndfense9450

The only thing that's hurting the Perry County right now is the injury bug. Their top scorer from last year tore her meniscus but should be back next month and another guard that has been playing very well had a stinger the other night against Riverside and still hasn't been cleared to play. If they can be at full strength i believe they should be fine but again they are under sized. Tallest player at best is 5'9.

The only thing that's hurting the Perry County right now is the injury bug. Their top scorer from last year tore her meniscus but should be back next month and another guard that has been playing very well had a stinger the other night against Riverside and still hasn't been cleared to play. If they can be at full strength i believe they should be fine but again they are under sized. Tallest player at best is 5'9.

Honestly, if you look across the entire district, you won't find any big post players. 5'10" is about it on average.

Honestly, if you look across the entire district, you won't find any big post players. 5'10" is about it on average.

I would agree with that. Loretto's post are 5'9" - 5'10" and I don't know that they have played anyone with any taller girls.  Nor have I seen any tall post at any of the other games I have watched.  I know they are out there, but maybe not as common in our district or region this year.

I would agree with that. Loretto's post are 5'9" - 5'10" and I don't know that they have played anyone with any taller girls. Nor have I seen any tall post at any of the other games I have watched. I know they are out there, but maybe not as common in our district or region this year.

In our region, I know CA has the girl that's 6'5".. And they feed her the ball as I don't blame them.

Edited by lockdowndfense9450

Obviously from the Perry County/ Riverside score, riverside is terrible this year. I bet Frank Hughes picks up the win at home and riverside doesn't win 10 games this season

Riverside's coach is too good to not win 10 games.  They will finish over 500 for sure. They did lose a lot of talent, but there is not a lot of talent in 15A.

I believe Summertown is the team to beat in district 12.  They beat Summitt by 5 Friday night and followed that up with a double overtime upset of an undefeated Lawrence County High.  They looked very good with their ball handling and had very few turnovers.  They shot the ball well and Kilburn went nuts in scoring over 30 points against a very good Lawrence County defense.  Their outside shooting was very good.  Right now they are the team to beat in my opinion.

I believe Summertown is the team to beat in district 12.  They beat Summitt by 5 Friday night and followed that up with a double overtime upset of an undefeated Lawrence County High.  They looked very good with their ball handling and had very few turnovers.  They shot the ball well and Kilburn went nuts in scoring over 30 points against a very good Lawrence County defense.  Their outside shooting was very good.  Right now they are the team to beat in my opinion.

After a couple of games? I agree they'll a really good team and their healthy but once Perry County gets their leading scorer from last year back they'll be a lot better then they are now. But I agree Summertown is a really good team.

I believe Summertown is the team to beat in district 12. They beat Summitt by 5 Friday night and followed that up with a double overtime upset of an undefeated Lawrence County High. They looked very good with their ball handling and had very few turnovers. They shot the ball well and Kilburn went nuts in scoring over 30 points against a very good Lawrence County defense. Their outside shooting was very good. Right now they are the team to beat in my opinion.