District 12 A

STownEagleReporter

Our Loretto girls went on the road to play Perry County and Summertown. What I've learned is our young team does not quit and plays hard until the final whistle. We still have some growing to do and experience will help that problem. I still think the 2 top teams are Summertown and Perry County,but I know that the 2 teams you had better not go to sleep on is Frank Hughes and Wayne Co. (who has really gotten better as the season has gone on. They have good talent and coaching. This district is very competitive and will make for a great district tournament. Whoever moves forward will have been battle tested by this district.

• Upvote 1

With the district almost halfway finished it looks like anyone could get hot and win it. The game between Summertown and Perry Co. next week could put someone in the drivers seat. But as we seen in last years district tournament, any team at any time could win.

Thursday/Friday match ups

Collinwood vs Summertown

Wayne Co. vs Loretto

Perry Co. vs Frank Hughes

My picks

Summertown

Loretto

Perry Co.

What you got?

Collinwood vs Summertown game tonight. This game will be a tough one for the Trojans'. They have only 1 starter back from last year with 4 very inexperienced players starting and you can surely tell. Well this will only make them better for years to come.

If they shoot the three ball like they have and go to glass then they shouldn't have a problem. This team went to Wayne County and Perry County and shot the lights out against two good teams. Should be another good District 12A matchup.

Seven district games this week should give us an idea of how the district may end up. I think Summertown gets the win on Monday. The Summertown/Perry County game Tuesday could possibly put one of those teams in the drivers seat. The first game was close, PC had just returned a key player and I expect them to be playing better this time around. Summertown usually gets up for the good teams, should be another classic 12A battle.

Loretto I believe is still finding themselves and I think the second time thru the district schedule they will make some adjustments and be a difficult team to play. Once a young team figures things out, they could be a handful come tourney time.

Wayne Co. has looked very good at times. They have some talented players and I expect them to continue to get better as the season continues.

Frank Hughes showed that they can beat anyone, any night. Led by a couple of good post players and hard playing guards. Just as they made a run in the district last year, never count them out. Scrappy, hard nosed team.

Collinwood, I don't know a lot about, but they seem to be struggling a bit but in this district you better bring your A game, every game.

Edited by lockdowndfense9450