Columbia Academy @ Greenback

orngnblk

We didn't feel like the opportunities at Sequoyah we anywhere near what he could have at Greenback and that has proved to be true just by the success the team has had thus far. Greenback has an unbelievable tradition and tremendous academics. It has been the best move my Son could have ever made.

Interesting, those are the same reasons why some choose the private route when they feel there is no good public school like Greenback (academics and athletics) to go to in their neck of the woods.  And if they went to a good 5A or 6A close by, they might not even get in the game one snap.

Privates cost money! Most of the time.lol

Yes sir they do. That's why the vast majority of us drive cars and trucks with 200k on them, change our own oil, repair our own appliances, have three different color shingles on our roofs, nonmatching kitchen appliances, and still have linoleum on the bathroom floor. Not complaining. It's not a chip on our shoulder. It's not a badge of honor. Because we still pay our taxes to support our local public schools. Just pointing out that most of us are not much different than each other. We want what's best for our kids. I'm certain I'd like you if we met.

What I think is assinine is people thinking someone can't be fast because they are a 1A player. Lol . I watched this kid at the Blount county jamboree this year and everybody that knows anything about ball knows 2 of the best schools in the state in any classification play in that jamboree. I watched him finish 2nd to only the speed demon that Maryville has. I also would like to say those 2 where inches apart while blowing away the rest of the field and that includes Alcoas fastest.

Moral of this story is it doesn't make a flip what school you go to it has nothing to do with speed. This kids dad was not bragging in my opinion he was stating facts. Yes he has ran 35 TD's and yes he did run a 4.49 at IMG Acadamy camp. I know this because I read the facts. IMG website for speed and Tssaa stats for facts.

Let's stop downing these kids and start praising them for there great efforts. I'm in no relation to any player just hate to see bashing of these kids on these sites that where designed to keep you updated on local sports news. I Never post on here but I just can't stand to see grown people act and talk like they are kids themselves.

This week is semi finals if you see a kid from either team lift him up and congratulate them on a great year. It might just go along way Friday night.

Ranger519 that was a great post! I can confirm that GB# 1 speed and stats are not inflated. My son plays with him every day and he knows his 40 speed and can attest that MadVegas is dead on! I would like to share a few others 40 speeds but we'll just wait until the game and you can see for yourself. Fast is one thing but there is a lot more to football winning than speed alone and they have these attributes as well. Hopefully GB plays the game this week to exhibit the best they have to offer. If so that will be pretty good. I would love to say more but I'm not sharing game prep but will talk about it after the game, lol!

School just wasn't his thing.Went to work welding ski boat towers in maryville.Just finished a 21 day 10 hrs a day marathon!LOL.But he LOVES it.He was always a hard worker I'm still proud of him.By the way the only time i bragged on him was after that night at Coalfield I just couldn't contain myself☺!I don't really get into how parents blow their kids up on here.I tried to carry on football conversations and let him talk on the field.He did a great job of it too.LOL!

He was the best lineman on the field that night. And yes he did a great job. He was "that kid" that had to always be accounted for when you played GB. I'm glad to hear that he's successful in his life and that he loves his job. Nothing is worse than hating your job

Ranger519 that was a great post! I can confirm that GB# 1 speed and stats are not inflated. My son plays with him every day and he knows his 40 speed and can attest that MadVegas is dead on! I would like to share a few others 40 speeds but we'll just wait until the game and you can see for yourself. Fast is one thing but there is a lot more to football winning than speed alone and they have these attributes as well. Hopefully GB plays the game this week to exhibit the best they have to offer. If so that will be pretty good. I would love to say more but I'm not sharing game prep but will talk about it after the game, lol!

this post reminds me...what poster is it that always talks about the teams that worked on their "fastness" lol!