Peabody vs NCS

PeabodyPride

My prediction has been Peabody repeats since last season! When the wheels came off midseason a poster commented to my post " still picking Pesbody?"my response then was " yep" and still the same . Peabody wins this won by a narrow margin but either team will quickly dismantle the east team that shows up! Good luck to both teams - congrats on having such an awesome season-have a safe night and to any fans traveling be safe! Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Okay. I apologize. I was erroneous in my statement. I thought you were open enrollment.

Peabody is open enrollment. Go online to their school system home page. Click "board policies" on the left hand side. Then click "students". Them click policy number 6.204 "non-resident students". This details the conditions in which a student living outside the Trenton school zone may attend a school in Trenton. It is basically the same policy that all other open zone schools have including Milan.

Now I said this not as a slap in the face toward Trenton. But to just set the record straight. There are more public schools that are open zone than not in TN. The vast majority are mediocre at best in football. But people cry about the few that are good and say it is strictly because they are open zone. Hogwash!!! Union City, Milan, Trenton and others are successful because the kids and coaches put in the work and the towns support them.

Again, no disrespect meant towards Trenton. I'm cheering for ya!!

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

Peabody is open enrollment. Go online to their school system home page. Click "board policies" on the left hand side. Then click "students". Them click policy number 6.204 "non-resident students". This details the conditions in which a student living outside the Trenton school zone may attend a school in Trenton. It is basically the same policy that all other open zone schools have including Milan.

Now I said this not as a slap in the face toward Trenton. But to just set the record straight. There are more public schools that are open zone than not in TN. The vast majority are mediocre at best in football. But people cry about the few that are good and say it is strictly because they are open zone. Hogwash!!! Union City, Milan, Trenton and others are successful because the kids and coaches put in the work and the towns support them.

Again, no disrespect meant towards Trenton. I'm cheering for ya!!

I'm a trousdale guy just to let you know up front. I'm not a crybaby either as I have no reason to. We have a strong football tradition. The gripe with open enrollment is not that all the schools get better by drawing in players, it is the fact that the schools that already have good programs draw the athletes away from the bad programs in the county. I would do the same with my kid if I had to so I'm not knocking a parent for doing so. Also that school may have better academics to go along with sports which makes it a no- brainier decision. there is no solution for the tssaa. It is what it is. The best program will always draw good players from the weaker programs in the county so really the only solution is to somehow make your program a little more appealing to keep your athletes from jumping ship. This is easier said than done. Good luck!

Edited by Creekbankbuttspank

Also adding while I'm here I'm picking ncs by a touchdown. If Peabody has a kid faster than #12 for ncs then I may be proven wrong in my choice. If ncs doesn't run bituli and McGraw at least 15 times each then they deserve to lose. They will average 5 yards a carry against the best defense even if you know what's coming. It is the coaches choice, give them the ball and pound or be done in the semi's again. Let the superstars lead you to the champioship

I'm a trousdale guy just to let you know up front. I'm not a crybaby either as I have no reason to. We have a strong football tradition. The gripe with open enrollment is not that all the schools get better by drawing in players, it is the fact that the schools that already have good programs draw the athletes away from the bad programs in the county. I would do the same with my kid if I had to so I'm not knocking a parent for doing so. Also that school may have better academics to go along with sports which makes it a no- brainier decision. there is no solution for the tssaa. It is what it is. The best program will always draw good players from the weaker programs in the county so really the only solution is to somehow make your program a little more appealing to keep your athletes from jumping ship. This is easier said than done. Good luck!

I know you are a very smart and knowledgeable poster. I have read many of your posts and you know your stuff. I have heard too many other people on these boards point to successful programs being open zone and blasting them for it. Even from people that are fans of a school that is open zone and they didn't even know it. I grow tired of all the complaining. If open zoning was the problem then every school that was open zone would be successful. But they aren't. For every union city or Peabody there is 3 Gibson Co's.