Private vs Publics in Football Finals

footballfan24

Does that go for publics too? Quite a few publics charge tuition for out of zone students. Or is that rule apply for private schools only? What about high school boys coaches who coach girls AAU or a girls coach who coaches boys AAU, and the athlete show up at the high school that coach works for? Or the same coaches that coach middle school or elementary age AAU teams?

public schools don't offer student employment to pay for tuition so it would be tough for them to move any public school to d2. Either your parents have the tuition money or they dont.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess nobody wanted to respond to you, here is what the TSSAA passed in September:

- "Under the new rules, any school that charges tuition can not offer student employment, more commonly known as work study, to the student or anyone in their immediate family and remain in Division I. Also, it will be considered financial aid if any loan, grant, educational foundation or similar program established in whole or in part, by a school for a student/athlete.

The council also addressed a portion of the recruiting concerns by passing a rule that states if a student transfers into a new school where an "athletic coaching link" existed in the past 12 months with a coach at that school, the student-athlete will be deemed ineligible for 12 months."

So basically any programs doing the above things will need to identify themselves and move to DII.

thats only if you charge tuition.....if you dont charge tuition and you do all those things; your kosher......guess only the principles, teachers and janitors will have to start collecting the gates and directing parkin....and all the stadium food be cooked and sold will have to be outsourced to Heavenly Boogers Piggin

Booger just sayin smileys-barbecue-754135.gif

thats only if you charge tuition.....if you dont charge tuition and you do all those things; your kosher......guess only the principles, teachers and janitors will have to start collecting the gates and directing parkin....and all the stadium food be cooked and sold will have to be outsourced to Heavenly Boogers Piggin

Booger just sayin smileys-barbecue-754135.gif

I believe you meant principals...principles is something that private school don't honor

Alcoa And Maryville both charge Tuition, that means they accept kids from out of zone. Now we know they never "Waive' that for Athletes Wink wink so I was told that is what makes them different for a private school.

I think the biggest differnce is the fact student/parent work for tuition breaks are relevant at private schools were in public you either have the tuition or you don't. No financial assistance is given.