Pearl-Cohn vs Knoxville Catholic Class 4A State Title Game

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Q  .. hope u aint been smoking something ... with all that KC has returning ... and who they have returning ... come on !!!!!

Catholic was 1-1 with Fulton and won 28-25!!! Come on Tadvol, whose blowing smoke? Fulton isn't ready to concede anything to Catholic just yet. lol Lou was my favorite Notre Dame coach.  Last one to win a title.

Edited by QSouth89

Congrats to Catholic from Belfry, KY!

Just throwing this out there...but maybe the AD's should try to coordinate and get next year's game on National Television.

Both are Defending State Champs and will be loaded for bear and with plenty enough D-1 talent to pique some interest.

Congrats to Catholic from Belfry, KY!

Just throwing this out there...but maybe the AD's should try to coordinate and get next year's game on National Television.

Both are Defending State Champs and will be loaded for bear and with plenty enough D-1 talent to pique some interest.

That would be awesome, if it could happen.  What are the requirements by ESPN?  Do you submit a request or do they select you/

That would be awesome, if it could happen.  What are the requirements by ESPN?  Do you submit a request or do they select you/

I am not sure...but would think the AD would most likely have to reach out.

Timing would be pretty good with it being a little earlier in the season... as you get later in Fall ESPNU picks up more college games.

I do know that lighting requirements have to be met, but usually if the lighting is not up to snuff ESPN will bring temporary lighting.

They also typically only do games that highlight prominent recruits and they usually want multiple recruits so it is able to appeal to more fanbases.

With Rodgers and Mays you have your two headliners... I fully expect Belfry to have 2 guys that will have D-1 offers after the summer in DT Horton and TE Bentley. Belfry's T Austin Dotson is the best kept secret in the state and if he focuses on football camps this summer instead of summer baseball (He is a 6'6 275 Pitcher) I have a feeling he could blow up. 

The fact you will have the fodder of two defending State Champs who are probably both among the Top 500 teams in the country just makes it better.