Pearl-Cohn vs Knoxville Catholic Class 4A State Title Game

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not here to rub anything in Firebird, just here to remind you what i said at the beginning of this thread....that Catholic might mercy rule the birds....i said that because i saw first hand what they are capable of. No disrespect meant towards you OR the firebirds, yall played a tough schedule and made it to the final game as a result of that. I personally think there's maybe only 2 or 3 teams in the entire state right now that could beat Catholic....Maryville, Independance and maybe....just maybe The team Murvul plays tonight...there name escapes me....anyway, congrats on a great season firebirds and congrats to the Irish for winning the gold. See you boys next season sometime around round 2 or 3....Have great basketball seasons everyone....we've already gotten ours started...LOL

don't forget Alcoa

I think those 3 and Marshall would be the top 4. I wish that the TSSAA could come up with a way of reseeding after the second round (final 16) to try and get the 2 best teams in the championship. Also wish this season Indy could play Maryville. Centennial beat the brakes off Ravenwood and Indy beat Centennial by 40 twice. Oh well congrats to all the teams that made it to Championship. No matter the score it is always something to be proud of.

Definitely agree with the top 4 but you have to throw knox central in there . The difference in fulton, Greenevill, and knox central is the Catholic didn't control the line of scrimmage the whole game like they did against Marshall and PC.

Catholic was missing lots of players to injury when they played knox central. And our quarterback got hurt in the first half. Our starting quarterback now is playing great football

That still doesn't make them not a top 5 team. They looked solid at Greeneville the week before catholic played Greeneville. And also looked good against Fulton. Edited by Swipes

Not here to rub anything in Firebird, just here to remind you what i said at the beginning of this thread....that Catholic might mercy rule the birds....i said that because i saw first hand what they are capable of. No disrespect meant towards you OR the firebirds, yall played a tough schedule and made it to the final game as a result of that. I personally think there's maybe only 2 or 3 teams in the entire state right now that could beat Catholic....Maryville, Independance and maybe....just maybe The team Murvul plays tonight...there name escapes me....anyway, congrats on a great season firebirds and congrats to the Irish for winning the gold. See you boys next season sometime around round 2 or 3....Have great basketball seasons everyone....we've already gotten ours started...LOL

Lol... I didn't see this coming but KC has a great team congrats to them.

I was extremely impressed with PC's athletes but not so much the coaching. For example if you watched KC QB after he handed off he would always carry out a fake but PC's would stand and watch which means nothing was being set up. I think their athletes could match up with anyone's however. Catholics athletes much better than I thought which means Marshall was much better than I have them credit for.

One last thing and I mean this with all the love in the world. I hope all those athletes from all the teams mentioned graduate...lol

I was extremely impressed with PC's athletes but not so much the coaching. For example if you watched KC QB after he handed off he would always carry out a fake but PC's would stand and watch which means nothing was being set up. I think their athletes could match up with anyone's however. Catholics athletes much better than I thought which means Marshall was much better than I have them credit for.

One last thing and I mean this with all the love in the world. I hope all those athletes from all the teams mentioned graduate...lol

both Rogers and kuerschen are back for catholic I know of so they will still be great

Catholic graduates 10 seniors. The Kicker will be missed more then people realize, they lose 2 starters on offense and 4 on defense. But on defense they rotate so many guys in that the returning players will have plenty of experience. Schedule is still brutal playing everyone we played this year, next year. Won't be easy going to Notre Dame, Fulton and Central. I expect Carter and AC to be improved but they can worry about that in July. As for now, congratulations Irish enjoy your moment. Edited by QSouth89

Congrats Catholic on a great season and the State Championship. Great to see a couple of Grace kids help win the Gold Ball. Very proud of them and the entire Fighting Irish team.

Those Grace kids played Catholic Youth Football from 2nd grade to 5th. Couldn't blame them for playing middle school football over Knox County Metro. Chase K played AAU basketball with most of the kids from Catholic since 4th grade. I think him wanting to play hoops with his friends had more of an impact on him attending Catholic then football. Edited by QSouth89