TCA basketball 2015/2016

BigEdMo

We are getting better. Don't let the 4-7 record fool you. We dealt with the same thing two years ago when our Football team made it to the semis and we started slow in basketball. We started out 2-9 and ended up winning the district and making it to region semis losing to state runner up Booker T. I like our progress so far. We are not consistent right now but we are improving. Keep your head up boys! Big game against Lexington on Monday!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are getting better. Don't let the 4-7 record fool you. We dealt with the same thing two years ago when our Football team made it to the semis and we started slow in basketball. We started out 2-9 and ended up winning the district and making it to region semis losing to state runner up Booker T. I like our progress so far. We are not consistent right now but we are improving. Keep your head up boys! Big game against Lexington on Monday!

Totally agree!  I think they win all their games leading up to the second Middleton game at home. That could go either way. They start a winning streak off with a win tomorrow night against Lexington!

• 2 weeks later...

Boys had a solid tournament at Oman arena during break. Finished 2-1. Should have beaten Westwood but had some mental breakdowns. That was a real good game for some of the more inexperienced players. That's the type of speed we will see in the Regionals. Westwood is a solid team but they are not a Mitchell. Hate that we lost our backup PG to an ACL injury. He was going to be important down the stretch. Other boys have to step up. We are getting closer and closer to being where we should be. Two big games this week against Adamsville and USJ. Adamsville is the bigger of the two since it's a district game. We have 4 players averaging double figures with a fifth not far behind so we are very balanced.

One down one to go this week. Good win over Adamsville 81-75. Was up 16 with 1:16 to play and had some mental lapses and let Adamsville back in the game. Adamsville plays faster than any HS team I've seen in years. It's run and gun and shoot threes! They don't play defense but push the ball and have no problem pulling threes! They are dangerous. TCA is continuously making strides to get to their potential. Still not there yet. Hope we get there. We need to come out strong on Saturday night and get a big win. Should have won two weeks ago against USJ but just couldn't score that night. I will credit USJ's defense with some of our struggles but not all of it. 7-5 since football players have been back and all 5 losses were between 1 and 9 points. Already avenged one of those losses with a 20 point win over Lexington. The next two weeks will tell me how good we really are or not! Four players averaging double figures and a fifth close so we are very balanced. Saturday night will be an electric atmosphere as always!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, here we are Mid January. I said I would be able to tell if we were a serious contender or not. Will give opinion at end of post. 6 wins in a row and now 12-8. 11-5 since FB players came back and have beaten 3 of those teams since. Won't get a shot at Westwood again but very proud the boys have avenged those prior losses. Two big games coming up this week in District 15A, Jackson Christian and Middleton. JC is a very solid team and very dangerous. We have to play to our potential or we could lose that one. Certainly do not need to overlook JC while thinking about Middleton. Middleton game should be a classic. They have 4 players averaging 12 or more and so does TCA. If TCA takes care of business against JC the Middleton game will most likely be for the 15A regular season championship.

TCA is very inconsistent right now and has not been winning in a convincing way. They are allowing teams to hang around and have not been putting them away. We are there physically and talent wise but we are not there mentally. Right now we are probably not a contender for Region 8A but should be a contender for District 15A. Can we contend for 8A? Absolutely yes but we have to get there mentally. If we can contend for Region 8A we can contend for the Gold Ball because the Gold Ball will go through Memphis and District 14A. This week will be a statement week because JC is solid and Middleton is potentially a Murfreesboro candidate.

Good win for the Lions last night. In advance I am a fan no expert on basketball. So watching the boys last night against Jackson Christian it is obvious the Lions have the talent to make a deep run in the state. But IMO the boys are not mentally there. They are not putting teams away when they have the chance. They are haveing mental lapses on defense and ball control. Also seems to be at crucial times some players are looking to just score to pad their stats rather than pulling the ball out and setting up a play. These are all correctable. Friday night will be the perfect game to put it all together. IMO I believe the boys will come together and play a complete team game and will defeat Middleton. Good luck Lions

Good win for the Lions last night. In advance I am a fan no expert on basketball. So watching the boys last night against Jackson Christian it is obvious the Lions have the talent to make a deep run in the state. But IMO the boys are not mentally there. They are not putting teams away when they have the chance. They are haveing mental lapses on defense and ball control. Also seems to be at crucial times some players are looking to just score to pad their stats rather than pulling the ball out and setting up a play. These are all correctable. Friday night will be the perfect game to put it all together. IMO I believe the boys will come together and play a complete team game and will defeat Middleton. Good luck Lions

You may not be an expert on basketball, BigEd, but you pretty well nailed it in your comment. I think they can get Middleton at home but am worried about District 16 teams in the Region tournament. 

You may not be an expert on basketball, BigEd, but you pretty well nailed it in your comment. I think they can get Middleton at home but am worried about District 16 teams in the Region tournament.

it is going to be tough. I still feel like the boys have a few tricks up their sleeves left. Hope they can get focused and make a deep run.